TCG Premium
Seen this list of cars to avoid, some more interesting then others,

1680021560236.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I've always been curious on how they come up with lists like these. Do they take into account the dumb fucks that drive cars and dont have a fucking clue about maintenance and shit like that? I know we have all seen some "holy shit" issues that were 100% user fault and not the actual reliability of said car.

My son and his GF are perfect examples, I think it was her car, "can you look at my brakes, they just started making noise". MFer had no pad left at all, metal on metal which could have led to other issues. My son might have done the same in the last year or so, and I recall him having no thread at all on his tires, they were literally slicks.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I've always been curious on how they come up with lists like these. Do they take into account the dumb fucks that drive cars and dont have a fucking clue about maintenance and shit like that? I know we have all seen some "holy shit" issues that were 100% user fault and not the actual reliability of said car.

My son and his GF are perfect examples, I think it was her car, "can you look at my brakes, they just started making noise". MFer had no pad left at all, metal on metal which could have led to other issues. My son might have done the same in the last year or so, and I recall him having no thread at all on his tires, they were literally slicks.

Reminds me back when I had to borrow my sister's car. She was like 16 or 17 and I was in my early 20's. If I have to use someone else's car I check the fluids just to make sure everything is OK. I generally return someone's car in better condition than I recieved it. If it means checking adding some washer fluid or taking it through the carwash, no big deal.

PANDA: Courtney's car is really low on oil...
DAD: When is the last time you changed your oil?
SISTER: Change the what?

It had like one quart of oil in it. 96 Integra. If it wasn't a Honda it would have blown up. :rofl:

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I would say avoid the Escape altogether from '13 - '19, especially if it has the 1.5 or 1.6 liter engine. The 2.4 seems to be okay, but those only come in stripped down models with no features. The 2.0 Ecoboost is pretty solid also and makes great power.

The biggest issues I hear of are internal coolant leaks on the 1.5/1.6 engines. Also transmission and PTU failures. If you regularly change the trans and PTU fluid, they seem to hold up much better, but as a used car buyer you probably won't know how well it was maintained.

I really like my '17 Escape Titanium with the 2.0 Ecoboost, but I'm not very confident in the longevity of the transmission or PTU. I bought it new and now have 81k miles. I just made an appointment to take it to the dealership next week for the shifter cable bushing recall and to have the PTU checked out. I'm starting to hear a faint noise that has me concerned. Fortunately I have a full bumper to bumper ESP warranty that expires this upcoming August.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info