USCCA anyone have this insurance?

ITL Cobra

Reaction score
Hello All -

I was at the range the other day and when I was signing in there was a guy there that I usually see when I am at the range, and he saw that I had my concealed carry license. He asked if I had ever heard of or if I had USCCA insurance? My answer was that I have never heard of it. He explained that he was a attorney and that he has it, its for people who have firearms, and they provide insurance and if the need be a attorney if one is needed if you are forced to defend yourself... My 1st question, was that if you are an attorney why would you need other attorneys? His reply was that he specializes in contract law and was not all that up to date with all the current laws as it pertains to situations like that..

Figured I would ask if anyone here has this type of insurance??

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to sign up for ccwsafe since I've gotten my CCW.

Basically you pay yearly to have attorneys that specialize in CCW cases be available to you 24/7 if you have to shoot someone and they will defend you.

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
I have it and hopefully never need to use it so I can't actually give a review. Lol Basically they cover your ass in case you need to shoot the fuck outta someone who is trying to harm you. Depending on the coverage you choose there is a set amount of money they are willing to pay for bond and attorney fees. Also money to pay some bum, if he actually lives, to sue you in civil court. Which is fucking stupid but hey. They will not help you if you decide to be a jackass and shoot someone for no good reason.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And yeah, none of the coverages that I know of help if you shot someone for no good reason.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
I have it and hopefully never need to use it so I can't actually give a review. Lol Basically they cover your ass in case you need to shoot the fuck outta someone who is trying to harm you. Depending on the coverage you choose there is a set amount of money they are willing to pay for bond and attorney fees. Also money to pay some bum, if he actually lives, to sue you in civil court. Which is fucking stupid but hey. They will not help you if you decide to be a jackass and shoot someone for no good reason.
Let me ask you this.
Do you have to pay out of pocket initially then the insurance reimburses you for everything? I also have been looking at several different insurance companies for this. I think I have only found 1 that has no out of pocket expenses if something were to happen.

Edit: Never mind just started reading the link Eagle posted

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread and I'm bumping it, but I have looked more into the USCCA insurance as I took a concealed carry class from a USCCA certified instructor that's licensed in IL. Of course he showed their insurance and what not, but it made me look a little deeper into it.

One good thing about the USCCA insurance (not sure about the others though) is that they provide legal help with ANY LEGAL weapon.

USCCA said:
Your Universal Membership Benefits:

Every Level Of USCCA Membership Is Complete With These Unparalleled Benefits

Up To $1,000,000 Civil Suit Defense And Damage Protection
Up To $150,000 Criminal Defense Protection And Attorney Retainer
24/7/365 Access To The USCCA Critical Response Team
No Annual Limits - Benefits By Occurrence
Up-Front Bail Bond Funding
Members-Only Deals And Discounts
Local Attorney Coordination
Firearm Theft Liability Coverage
Wage Compensation While In Court

Complete Subscription To Concealed Carry Magazine Included
100% Up-Front Coverage (No Deductible. No Reimbursement.)
Personal Hardship Coverage
Covers Use Of All Legal Weapons
Attorney Counseling by USCCA Legal Advisory Board
Expert Witness Coordination
Interrogation And Grand Jury Protection
Members-Only Online Video Library And Article Vault
Complete Psychological Support

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have USCCA. Hope to never use it, but it is nice they will cover any weapon in my home and my wife if we have an incident in my home where she has to use a gun.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have USCCA. Hope to never use it, but it is nice they will cover any weapon in my home and my wife if we have an incident in my home where she has to use a gun.
Exactly! One thing I did hear though was that if the FOID holder leaves the house and a non-FOID holder is home (assuming non-child), then that would be a "no-no." :dunno" I've never heard of that until this year, and always assumed it was fine as long as all firearms are locked away, but why chance it? I had my wife apply and get her FOID as well. To bad I can't take her shooting right now since she's pregnant.

Stangfreak91

Reaction score
I've researched this company and several others just like it. Some buy into and some don't. After reading the terms within the contract, I passed. It's my belief, if you use common sense and good judgement while carrying and you have knowledge of the Illinois Use of Deadly Force Act, and therefore understand how and when you can respond with deadly force under the law, should the need arise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom