🔧 BUILD Upside-down M90 GTP build thread

General Information

When your wife gives you permission to build a racecar, you build a racecar.

This is what happened to me. However, all funding for this project comes out of my construction account. I really need a telehandler, so this is very budget friendly. Luckily, I've been stockpiling parts for years. This isn't an overnight build by any means. My goal is to make a 1/4 mile pass with it before the tracks close for the season. I'm taking a risk here and using photobucket for image hosting, so hopefully they don't screw me over again.

So let's start it off. I bought a 04 L26 motor with somewhere north of 100k on it and started to tear it down.

1689132772823.png

Everything looks good so far. The pistons are really clean. There was some junk sitting in the oil pan, but not much.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
The 86-87 throttle would have to be sealed since the MAF is pre-turbo. I have no idea what kind of pains would be in involved in making the IAC and TPS work with a stock 3800 computer though.

IAC and tps just need the right connectors spliced in typically. done it between my tbi, typhoon, lt1 and tpi throttle bodies.

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
Man I might be wrong and you'd think I'd know with my stock and ls1 sensor sittin 8 inches from each otherbut I'm almost positive that it and the 4.3 and 5.7 vortec mafs are the same connector even. The other two are just a hair underneath the ls1 in what they can read. And once you have stock sensor dialed in it shouldn't take much but a flash or two to match it back in but I'll have to let you know for sure.

Mine shouldn't be scaled now that I'm back on 91 for a short time and I'm gonna start tuning back in today to make some hits tomorrow so if I'm close to maxxin it again before I'm out of fuel pump I'm gonna wire it in and I'll keep ya updated on my thread on how it goes. Be cool to be able to open both our bottleneck throttle bodys a bit by gettin rid of that restriction and shove even more through these things

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Any of you gn guys have a stock TB you want to sell? That accufab is a bit steep.
The stock GN stuff is small. Only 2.5" IIRC. I won't be selling my Accufab for anywhere near brand new pricing. If you want to borrow it to see if it works, I'll send it. If you want to keep it, it won't cost you a ton. Just PM me.

Reactions: Rdrnnr and GTPpower

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
So looking at GN throttle bodies more, I don't think it will work easily.

I'm wondering if these would work. Are there any dsm guys on here?

Reactions: Rdrnnr

Thread Info