• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Upper motor mount question.

thebullfrog

Reaction score
Okay guys. That damned vibration I've been complaining about? I fixed it. I flipped the upper motor mounts and the car is smooth as silk now. Thing is the engine rocks more than it did before, not less. I think they were already flipped and I unflipped them. Which direction are they supposed to run stock? Are they supposed to be stiif in the up/down direction, or stiff back/forth? Because they are stiff back/forth now and the vibration is virtually gone. Or is it possible that my lower mounts are shot and flipping the uppers is just covering that up?

preussenGTP

Banned
Reaction score
dood, you're having all kinds of issues with your GP!

the front mount should look like this < and not like this - A
the 'arrow' [for lack of a better word] in the middle ofthe mount should be horizontal to the motor

does that make sense? :blink:

thebullfrog

Reaction score
Yeah but I'm getting all those issues fixed without spending a whole lot so im quite happy.
And yeah that makes sense but I'll have to look at it again to see how mine is pointed. I just wanna know if I actually flipped them or unflipped them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom