Upgrading fuel system for E85/Flex

nsogiba

Regular
Oct 29, 2020
WNY
It's time to start thinking about adding flex capability to my setup since I'm itching for some more power with my dontbsme clone. I'm wondering what will need to be upgraded in my fuel system to support the ethanol...

Gen 3 6.0, all stock other than SS2 cam and springs
Cast VSR 7875, currently running 93 pump and about 13psi/13 degrees

Fuel setup consists of:
-single in-tank Walbro 450
-6AN braided lines (feed/return)
-C5 filter/reg.
-Deka 80# injectors, stock truck fuel rail

I would like to add flex capability...what's required to support this? I'm guessing more injector and another in-tank pump, possibly bigger lines. Not going to run much more boost than what I already am, to keep the bottom end alive. The goal is 600-700 whp, just a fun street car. Thoughts?

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
If your wanting flex make sure you have an e38 ecm and and a flex sensor so you have the tables you can blend back and forth. P59 only has the one fuel map, you'll just have to be on corn or pump and have to flash to change. Otherwise basic fuel upgrades to make sure you've got enough there

nsogiba

Regular
Oct 29, 2020
WNY
If your wanting flex make sure you have an e38 ecm and and a flex sensor so you have the tables you can blend back and forth. P59 only has the one fuel map, you'll just have to be on corn or pump and have to flash to change. Otherwise basic fuel upgrades to make sure you've got enough there

E38 PCM? Isn't that for Gen IV motors? My connectors aren't even the same as Gen IV stuff. People run Flex on the older Gen III PCMs all the time (it was a factory option for specific trucks, Tahoes etc).

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
As long as your setup for it and u have the tables. But I'm pretty sure the older stuff didn't have the tables to blend back and forth. Tahoe yes. But like fbody not to my knowledge. It's been a minute since I cracked anything older open tho so I could be wrong

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info