📸 Photography Unlikely and underwhelming survivors

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
They're all SS R. They initially came with the 5.3 (2003 - 2004). Then enough "feedback" came back about putting that engine in a heavier vehicle, so for 2005 GM answered with the LS2 and Tremec as an option.

Otherwise there really wasn't huge differences through the product run other than the engine/trans choices.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
How this has survived in the Midwest I have no idea

IMG_5248.jpeg

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Necessity can be a mf sometimes lol. Next time stop a couple hours sooner if you can. They basically have resorts and 4 star restaurants built down by the big road here these days.
It was 7am and my kids were put up until then. There’s nothing really after north platte either (going west).

Reactions: sktchy

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Back when I lived in Alaska, I think it was 1999-2000, there were a couple quick Subarus that were rolling around Fairbanks that I would get a kick out of. My girlfriend at the time had a mint gen 1 lightning and I would take it out occasionally looking for trouble. I remember an older XT that was red and must have been turned up to the max for the time. It had a manual transmission and you could see it pitching and rolling on its stock suspension as the guy would row through the gears. It was probably a low 13 second car. Another one that was quick but a little less so was an SVX. Always seemed so exotic for the time, was probably from living in Alaska but I still wouldn’t mind having one just to learn more about them and beat on it.

Reactions: v6buicks

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Back when I lived in Alaska, I think it was 1999-2000, there were a couple quick Subarus that were rolling around Fairbanks that I would get a kick out of. My girlfriend at the time had a mint gen 1 lightning and I would take it out occasionally looking for trouble. I remember an older XT that was red and must have been turned up to the max for the time. It had a manual transmission and you could see it pitching and rolling on its stock suspension as the guy would row through the gears. It was probably a low 13 second car. Another one that was quick but a little less so was an SVX. Always seemed so exotic for the time, was probably from living in Alaska but I still wouldn’t mind having one just to learn more about them and beat on it.
They're goofy but cool. You can make those H6s sounds really nice, but the more modern version from a B9 Tribeca seems to be the way to go. I don't think you can turn the old ones up too much.

A buddy of mine bought an SVX in college because he needed a car to drive while fixing the 2j swapped MK3 supra he wrecked. I didn't get to know the SVX too well because he got a little drunk one night and managed to roll it. I heard he just abandoned the car and never got in any trouble for the incident.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Even the Astros are fading out and those are way fewer and far in between. That's a rare beast these days.
I had one when I was 17-19 and ended up giving it away when I could no longer keep the rear bumper on due to the rear 1/4’s rotting off so far up I was out of stuff to zip tie it to

Thread Info