Uninsured motorist - Insurance company being shady?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
The insurance company for the guy that hit my Tiguan is National General. They sent a letter to me saying that they are denying the claim because they said his policy has been 'rescinded back to policy inception and thus declared void'. What kind of horseshit is that? Does that mean he wasn't paying his premiums or are they trying to fuck me over? I have a copy of his insurance paperwork and it says the policy is active 11-22 thru 11-23. Is this some kind of bullshit tactic to get out of paying for my claim?

I'm still covered by my insurance company, but it will count against my record, I'll have to pay the deductible, and possibly a car rental if I choose to not daily the Mustang.

Do I have any recourse or do I just ...

ace2e3d5-1939-4749-b530-800e832415e0_text.gif

Other people probably have more experience but I just filed my claim through my insurance and they went after the at fault driver who hit my wifes car. I paid the deductible and was paid back later once they got money from the other guys insurance.
Same, took forever to get the money back, but it was just the deductible. Doing that also means you go through a shop your insurance will use vs whatever alleyway between maaco and AutoZone they have you go to.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
The insurance company for the guy that hit my Tiguan is National General. They sent a letter to me saying that they are denying the claim because they said his policy has been 'rescinded back to policy inception and thus declared void'. What kind of horseshit is that? Does that mean he wasn't paying his premiums or are they trying to fuck me over? I have a copy of his insurance paperwork and it says the policy is active 11-22 thru 11-23. Is this some kind of bullshit tactic to get out of paying for my claim?

I'm still covered by my insurance company, but it will count against my record, I'll have to pay the deductible, and possibly a car rental if I choose to not daily the Mustang.

Do I have any recourse or do I just ...

ace2e3d5-1939-4749-b530-800e832415e0_text.gif

Only thing I see wrong is the guy having insurance for one 1 year most normal vehicles do every 6 months unless it’s collector ins which they do yearly. Seems odd being insured that long.

331stang

Regular
Aug 14, 2011
You'll have to file with your insurance and they will go after him , you should get reimbursed from your company , it sucks but thats the way it is anymore, always carry uninsured motorist and rental / towing /gap , for yourself ALWAYS ! I fix wrecks for a living ,you would not believe how many people now a days dont have insurance, it's insane, they just pay outa pocket to fix they're cars . Most high risk insurance like the general have people pay month to month even though the policy state it's for a year or 6 months at a time , hope this helps

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
If you weren't at fault, it shouldn't cause your rates to go up. Just file with your insurance company. They will do all of the arguing on the phone with the other person's insurance company. They will try to recover your deductible. Usually you get it back within 6 months or so.

The last 3 or 4 times I've been rear ended, I just filed with my own insurance company. It makes life a lot easier. You get to go to the shop of your choice vs the other insurance company telling you where you have to take the car and it's way less time that you have to spend on the phone.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Florida is one of the 12 states that has 'no fault'. I wasn't sure if that meant I would get dinged for this accident even if I wasn't at fault. I guess it sounds like the general consensus is that my insurance company should cover it and they'll go after this guy's company.

I saw that there is a class action suit against his insurer for rescinding coverage after accidents. The most common reasoning was due to non-disclosure of household members. In those cases, their premium payments were returned to insured, but coverage was denied.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Only thing I see wrong is the guy having insurance for one 1 year most normal vehicles do every 6 months unless it’s collector ins which they do yearly. Seems odd being insured that long.
I have state farm. I can pay the annual fee and the insurance card will reflect the expiration on an annual basis. I also have the 6 month option which the insurance card would reflect that if I chose that option. I can't speak of any other company though as I've always had State Farm since I was 16 and my family had it many years before that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info