Site Sponsor Undoing Dealer Delivery vs 2019 Dodge Durango R/T

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
We all know that most dealer prep and new car deliveries leave ALOT t be desired.
My dad brought the truck home Wednesday, drove to bowling on Thursday and ran some errands with my mom on Friday.
I stopped after work on Friday to show him around the radio / Uconnect controls etc.

Tire shine all along the bottom of the doors, smears on the driver A pillar, adhesive from deliver protection wrappers etc.

So, how dedicated am I ? It was raining yesterday and asked my dad if he wanted to bring the truck over. IT was only somewhat misty when he arrived.
By the time I was done with a quick wash, it was no longer precipitating.

I worked quick, so not too many pictures.

I pretreated the tires with Optimum Power clean 1:1, rinsed and then applied CarPro Tar-X to the lower body panels and the tires.
Rinsed the Tar-X then foamed the truck with Griot's Foaming surface wash.
While the foam dwelled, I cleaned the wheels and tires with AutoFanatic's foaming wheels cleaner + an assortment of brushes.
Rinsed the presoak then washed the truck with the typical 2 bucket method. AutoFanatic's 007 Snow Storm for the soap ( trying to use up some wash stock ).
Rinsed, clayed with the Nanoskin handy towel + Nano skin glide, rinsed again and finally applied Bead Maker to the paint and glass as a temporary layer of protection.
Tires dressed with Meg's Hyper Dressing 3:1

Foaming:
IMG_20190928_143637_zpss1jatuut.jpg

Gav clean:
IMG_20190928_154844_zpsnygirhhl.jpg

IMG_20190928_154904_zpsqcmtkxfk.jpg

IMG_20190928_154916_zps3kfsm3mb.jpg

IMG_20190928_154834_zpsuedkq2uh.jpg

IMG_20190928_154825_zpshm4m3mpv.jpg

:jg:

Last edited:

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I would have sent that shit back to the porters.

My last 3 cars I told the dealer don’t even touch it. I even told Tesla only remove the basic plastics and stuff. I don’t trust any of those people.

I told the salesman on Saturday that the truck would not need to be washed or "detailed" for delivery if my dad bought it.
The salesman was off on WED when he went back.
I would have told the dealer the same thing, "don't even look at it." But luckily it wasn't too bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info