3800 Underhood heat mat???

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Well yesterday I noticed my underhood mat is pretty much destroyed. The different layers are peeling on the edges, and several parts are halfway gone. Especially above the turbo, I think the heat has just eaten through it.

So I was curious, if many people have take this off? I dont want to take it off, if I will have to worry about paint bubbling. Would it be an option to just paint the mat with some high heat paint? Maybe that will keep it together for a while.

I dont know, let me know what you guys have done with that mat, I need some ideas. Thanx. :)

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Mine's been off for almost 3 years. (I need to state this is not a joke first), My sheild was destroyed by squirrels. Damn things tore it up to make bedding, and kept chewing through supercharger belts. I'd get out to the car and check under the hood, and I couldn't figure it out for weeks. There would be all sorts of shrubbery under there, and my belt was bad!

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
I would just yank it off, and not give it a second thought, but i dont know if you guys realize how much heat a turbo makes.

Bumpin....Has the intense car ever done anything to the bottom of their hood, repaint it, protect, ever gotten damage?

Not trying to say you guys dont know what your talking about, but I would like to double check. Thanx guys.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list