• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Underdrive Pulley Install

ChromeCobra said:
+1..never set deadlines
he already forgot about his spring install

Rotzs99 said:
yeah, i think i learned a valuable lesson. Never EVER set a time limit when working on your car.
Rotzs99 said:
Cliffs Notes at end:

Thanks Kev, I (and Chris) really needed you last night. I think i learned never to install something at someone elses house when you really dont know what youre doing.

After that hellish trip to find the frickin locking nut key we ran into so many more problems. got the calipers, tie rod, control arms off/down, but we couldnt get the new springs in. The first spring compressor wouldnt work unless we hacked off a big part of the threadding but the thing is made of frickin titanium and killed two sawzall blades. Headed off to 24hr Autozone to get another spring compressor, that one was akward as hell. We ended up just using brute force to shove the spring in there. (By that time it was 4am and this whole deal was started at 3:30 AM. THATS MORE THAN 12 HOURS). Then the screw for the top of the strut fell somewhere in my engine and is IMPOSSIBLE to find, no doubt lost to my engine gremlins. Take ANOTHER trip to 24 Autozone they do NOT have something that will fit. Got home at 6 am for 3 hours of sleep cuz I had to leave at 9 to get to my sister's house in Indianapolis. My dad was pissed, Chris's mom will be pissed, and im ready to sell it.

Cliffs Notes; The damn car is sitting at Chris's house with two wheels off, one spring in, and a missing strut nut. FUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!!!

....I need a beer :alcoholic

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
It will take longer to route the belt than the R&R the UDP's :lmao:

If you want to come by my place with your car I will help you or show you how to!

If you dont come by dont forget to put a dab of silicon on the harmonic balancer in the keyway.

Did I see a post of yours or hear someone say you have the piggy back style UDP's?

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
You have two choices, Either my house in Woodridge or at my GF house in Downers Grove. Both right off 355.

I have tools and compressors at both locations. Thing is at my house I have my 93 cobra up on jack stands and a newer jeep I bought that I'm modding the hell out of, full suspension and body lift along with other things so we would have to do it in the driveway(not to cool imo). My GF place would be better since we can get you in garage with good light.

You also wanted to see how 430's felt in a 99 so this would be a good chance to feel it first hand or see it first hand when you get your pullies on :D
I have a SC now so Its not going to be the same feel as it would have been without and NA. Still my choice for you in your car. I'm in no hurry to drop down a gear to 410's but rather just go to a taller tire MAYBE!

It wont take two long and I dont see how anyone could break anything doing pullies.

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
Ok, If they are Piggy Back style, I would say to skip it and sell them and get Steeda or BBK! Ones that are not PIGGY BACK cuz I have heard NOTHING, I mean NOTHING good about the Piggy back styles. If it were my car I wouldnt put on a $200.00 part for 5 -10 hp and it fucks up your car.

Check the different boards about UDPs and piggy backs. Thats what I did when I was in the market for them and it was a no brainer when making my decission. I have run Steeda before on a few different cars and I have yet to experience one issue. Sure there is some out there with piggy backs that will beg to differ but I will always go with the crowd when it comes to advice on what works and what dont work.

I will still put em on for you but IMO I would wait and get the real deal and play it safe man. Your car is worth alot more than a 200.00 part that "MIGHT" hurt your car from what I have heard and read. Please research your decission first thing in the morning or when you can. I think you will see what I'm talking about.

I dont want to scare you but just trying to let you know that they are not a good choice for pullies.Your call, I'm still willing to help you either way :biggthump

Talk to ya in the morning.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info