• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Underdrive Pulley Install

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
Rotzs99

Remember what I asked about your set up being a "piggy back style"?

Well I have been thinking about the three extra new bolts just laying in the box and now I figure out that they prolly are for a piggy back style install. Please call MARCH ASAP and give them your part number and ask if they are. If they are you need to take your old dampner and mount it in front of the new underdrive dampner(pulley) with the three gold bolts we had in the box.

The 4.6L engine crank is INTERNALLY BALANCED (SOHC / DOHC).The external crank pulley on the 4.6L also acts as a vibration dampner, there is a thin rubber ring to absorb any extra vibration on the stock crank pulley. So you will still need to bolt your stock crank pulley to your new underdrive to have this extra dampening. It will sit right in front PIGGY BACK without a belt! It will look lke dawg shit or messed up but thats the way MARCH made there shit. Maybe we installed a newer design set up and they just put the bolts in by mistake but it needs to be confirmed either or ASAP.

I dont want you to hurt your engine down the road with excess vibratation on the crank. Dont mean to scare you but I wouldnt put any more miles on it till you confirm.

Hope I 'm just being over cautious on your behalf trying to prevent any damage down the road.

Call me if you need more info and post up if you confirmed from the dealer on the piggy back issue.

Just bolt them up to about 60lbs (goodentight) :)
Seeya,
Tom

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info