3800 Ummm...single

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Yea, so I got a lovely call from my girl earlier letting me know she couldnt do it anymore. There was a lot of arguing last school year, and I thought we had fix things this summer. But I guess not. So two years and two months down the drain.

So this weekend is a giant party weekend at Iowa State, because its ISU vs Iowa football on saturday. So yea...maybe party.

This sucks....but life goes on. Im single and 21...isnt that a guys dream? We will see.. :(

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Sep 7 2005, 10:04 PM
Yea, so I got a lovely call from my girl earlier letting me know she couldnt do it anymore.  There was a lot of arguing last school year, and I thought we had fix things this summer.  But I guess not.  So two years and two months down the drain. 

So this weekend is a giant party weekend at Iowa State, because its ISU vs Iowa football on saturday.  So yea...maybe party. 

This sucks....but life goes on.  Im single and 21...isnt that a guys dream?  We will see.. :(
[snapback]97124[/snapback]​

Dont worry bro. I could be worse. Go out and have fun. B)

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Sep 7 2005, 10:04 PM
Yea, so I got a lovely call from my girl earlier letting me know she couldnt do it anymore.  There was a lot of arguing last school year, and I thought we had fix things this summer.  But I guess not.  So two years and two months down the drain. 

So this weekend is a giant party weekend at Iowa State, because its ISU vs Iowa football on saturday.  So yea...maybe party. 

This sucks....but life goes on.  Im single and 21...isnt that a guys dream?  We will see.. :(
[snapback]97124[/snapback]​

I know exactly how you feel I was dating a girl for 4 years there was talk of future marage and what not but her freshman year of college was hell for both of us and the summer was not bad but it wasent what it had ben in the past and a cupple weeks ago we decided to split for a while. it sucks all that work down the drain

brett

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Trust me dont get yourself down, the best thing for you too do is go out and have some fun, get really drunk and hit on as many girls as you can, this may make me sound like an ass but it will get your mind off of her. In other words live life with no regrets.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Sep 8 2005, 03:28 AM
So this sleep thing isnt going to well....
[snapback]97162[/snapback]​

Your 21. I assume shes the same age. Woman dont know what they want at that age. For all the ladies on this forum that read this I dont mean all woman but most. Brush your shoulders off man. Your in college. No need to have a relationship. Have a good time. As for partying beer may make this situation worse. Dont over do it. Take advantage of the party. Talk to all the ladies and meet knew ones.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
dont worry bro.. I KNOW EXACTLY how u feel.... my girl did it to me 3 weeks ago... i went to talk to her about something in future *vacation*,, next thing i know she is breaking up with me and now shes not talking to me cause she doesnt want too..... ive moved on, you should too.. it hurts like a frikken biatch

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Then if she contacts you and starts rambling off about how great things are now you can tell her where to stuff it.

Or where I have been stuffing it....eh eh...eh eh....oh..... damn.... :blink:

Its fine to see it, cause I know she is actually moving on. I really didnt want to go through a on/off relationship like my last one. Now that bitch just pissed me off.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Actually back when I was in school the girls with the boyfriends that were away where the easyer to pick up than others. I think they use the I have a boyfriend excuse and don't really have anything else when you don't let it bother you. Tons of couples break up going into the second year. Learn to enjoy your sports teams, and everything else school has to offer. Soon enough you will be out here and going to work every day...or night ....Day after day....Week after week..year after year....and then you die.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Originally posted by Aircal@Sep 9 2005, 12:45 AM
Actually back when I was in school the girls with the boyfriends that were away where the easyer to pick up than others. I think they use the I have a boyfriend excuse and don't really have anything else when you don't let it bother you. Tons of couples break up going into the second year. Learn to enjoy your sports teams, and everything else school has to offer. Soon enough you will be out here and going to work every day...or night ....Day after day....Week after week..year after year....and then you die.
[snapback]97271[/snapback]​
This makes me feel great, what about you?

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Wow...just..wow. This thread kinda scares the shit out of me.

Been dating my gf for 2 years Sept. 27, we're both freshman in college (me at UIC, her at UW-Madison).

Thanks for depressing the hell out of me, you bastards.

Good luck bro...no one should go through that long of a relationship and cut if off simply because of college. God I hope I don't eat those words.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
This makes me feel great, what about you?

Oh definitely.

Im pretty sure that a similar situation happened with me. She has been friends with this psycho for the past year that keeps confessing his love to her. Yet, she would stay friends with him when I told her it bothered me. So Im pretty sure that they will get together.....i just hope they didnt get together while we were still dating. I will need to go get a wiener check in a couple months :blink:

The firey stick from hell as I like to call it.

Note to all the long distancers/separate collegers, if your gf becomes friends with a new guy, watch it.

But the good news out of this is that I dont have to limit my job search. Some of you might remember my thread before saying that she didnt want to move out of the state. Well now I can go anywhere in the country and not have to worry about pissing a significant other off. woo woo...a very thin silver lining.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info