Ultra-smashed burger cooking video guide

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
so i messed around with this last night cuz i was hungry, and beef and cheese are cheap right now from angelos (1.69 a lb i think for ground beef?)

turned out so fucking delicious. i need a better spatula though... my metal one has holes in it and that's not helpful.

99ZCZhA.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
This method adds more caramelization space at the expense of less juiciness.

I can see why they mention the cheese being necessary for fat and moisture. It replaces the juice that cooks out of the smashed burgers.

It's a fun way to try something different.

I'd add a little onion powder and a dash of Worcestershire Sauce. Maybe Lawry's seasoning salt in place of regular salt.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I'm sure the burgers are still great. I have had and enjoyed smashed burgers before.

Ideally, with regular plump burgers, you want the burgers to rest for 5 mins. so all that juice soaks into the meat and stays inside of the burger instead of ending up on the bottom of the container. It's the same principle you use for steak and other meats.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Ha Ha. YW.

Seriously, I know burgers. My younger daughter and her friends drive almost an hour from Ft. Myers to come up to my house for dinner. They ask me to make burgers and say they are the best they have ever eaten. That's praise an amateur chef loves. When your kid and her friends repeatedly ask for burgers, you know you're doing it right.

I'm not dissing your smashed burgers. They look great.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm sure the burgers are still great. I have had and enjoyed smashed burgers before.

Ideally, with regular plump burgers, you want the burgers to rest for 5 mins. so all that juice soaks into the meat and stays inside of the burger instead of ending up on the bottom of the container. It's the same principle you use for steak and other meats.

you do realize, they are basically "resting" in the container, right. :rofl: they weren't disturbed or anything... just set in there :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info