UHAUL

Xtant12

Reaction score
Quick question, can you actually tow a 2001 2 door GTP with a car dolly from uhaul. I dont know why but I think I remember someone back in the day saying they were to low. Does anyone know?? Yes I KNOW it says you can on the web page, but can you really do it??

Thank guys.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
The ratchet strap pulleys might be a little tight depending on bumper clearance but I was able to tighten them with my girlfriend's car with little issue.

torquelover

Reaction score
I went with the trailer vs the dolly for the cars on our last move. Tracks better, easy to back up.

Xtant12

Reaction score
I called today and no auto transport trailers with in 40 miles of my area this weekend

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
fwiw if your gtp is lowered, it does SUCK to get it on a trailer or car dolly.

bring a lot of 2x10's or random scrap wood to get it high enough.

but yeah. it'll go. it just really, really really sucks.

Xtant12

Reaction score
Well car did NOT fit on the dolly. One tire did, the other hung over by about 4 inches. When we returned the dolly the guy said there is 3 sizes on dolly and we must have gotten the smallest (41) series. Then wanted us to drive to Harvard to get the bigger one. What a joke

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
GOT deng man, you have THE worst luck with just about everything that has to do with that car right now. I hope things turn around for you bud.

Xtant12

Reaction score
Thanks, and I put the new TPS sensor on and drove it today. The car still shifts funny and my light came on today. Scanned it and again I got the code p0121. I think I'm done with the car. I'm taking it to zzp in 2 weeks from now and they are going to fix the burning oil issue. I know I'm going to lose my ass but I think I'm going to sell it or trade it in.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well, your proper fucked though. You aren't going to get shit for it as a trade-in, you probably aren't going to sell it for much, your best bet is to part it out, put it back to stock and sell it as a stock gtp or something.

No reason to give up on it, you just need to stop taking it to a bunch of hacks. If I had the room I'd be more than happy to fix it for you, but there's just no way. Plus, who knows what ZZP's hack ass people did to it. FUCK that place, I wouldn't piss in their mouth if their throat was on fire.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hard to own a modded performance car when you need other people to work on it and then on top of it being a nearly dead platform. Get yourself something fun that has an actual aftermarket and shops that can work on it nearby. You'll enjoy life more.

Xtant12

Reaction score
Yeah, once you go all in with the 3800, if your not a tuner or good with electronic trouble shooting it a total nightmare.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hard to own a modded performance car when you need other people to work on it and then on top of it being a nearly dead platform. Get yourself something fun that has an actual aftermarket and shops that can work on it nearby. You'll enjoy life more.
We try so hard.

How can we reeeech deez keeeeeeeds

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom