Uh, yeah come in and dump your thoughts on me...

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
I didn't do anything, which could have potentially been the problem.

What would you do in my position?

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Drive off if not blocked in. Fuck a red light. Also went on road rage I never lose sight of the guy or the car I always keep my eyes on. Never gotten a chance to get that close

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Always leave yourself an out

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If you are in fear for your or someone else's life or bodily harm, you can shoot the guy in most states. Doesn't mean you always do.

In the situation you describe, I'd pull the gun, point it and warn the guy if possible. What he does next would determine the outcome. I don't want to shoot anyone unless it's the only way to protect myself or others.

If you pull a gun, you have to be prepared to use it.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
If glass busted then yea i woulda popped off

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Drive off if not blocked in. Fuck a red light. Also went on road rage I never lose sight of the guy or the car I always keep my eyes on. Never gotten a chance to get that close
Unfortunately, I got to close to the car in front and I got blocked in. Other option was to blast his car in reverse. I was in the left lane on Burnham, heading southbound. Intersection was at bernice

I hear ya, my eyes never left him and I saw he had nothing foreign in his hand at the least.
If you are in fear for your or someone else's life or bodily harm, you can shoot the guy in most states. Doesn't mean you always do.

In the situation you describe, I'd pull the gun, point it and warn the guy if possible. What he does next would determine the outcome. I don't want to shoot anyone unless it's the only way to protect myself or others.

If you pull a gun, you have to be prepared to use it.
Adrenaline kicked in, I physically was put in that position where I white faced. Never would have thought that would happened, but it did.

I agree, never involve the gun unless I intend to use it.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
If glass busted then yea i woulda popped off
Exactly what I was thinking! I had a barrier between me and him, I held off. Had he got the door open, or broke the glass the one in the pipe would have been in him...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
My brother is security for home health nurses in bad neighborhoods. He continually reminds me that training is the name of the game. The training helps when the adrenaline kicks in. Since you're in Illinois, I imagine you have had more extensive training than many states require.

I'm glad you are OK. That's a good outcome.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
What's the road ragers side of the story though? Obviously getting out of the car is stupid, but what did you do to piss him off? Could you have just not done that in the first place so the entire situation didn't take place? People don't just run up to cars and try to rip open the door for no reason. :dunno:

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
What's the road ragers side of the story though? Obviously getting out of the car is stupid, but what did you do to piss him off? Could you have just not done that in the first place so the entire situation didn't take place? People don't just run up to cars and try to rip open the door for no reason. :dunno:
Traveling southbound with another car next to me, this guy pulls out in front of me off a side street causing me to brake and switch lanes. I go around him, come up to 170th (still southbound in left lane) proceed past 170th car in front of me is making a lefthand turn on 4-lane road, guy comes past me on the right. I switch lanes and get behind him, he switches to left lane after passing said car turning left. I then proceed to pass him and also get into left lane, as I eventually (soon) have to make a left to go home. I pull up to the stop light at Bernice and he pulls up behind me and locked me in. I had a door between me and him after he got out...

Mind you, when i passed him and got in the left lane i was nowhere near him to say it was a close call. Take the info as you want, that's what happened.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Im assuming you did not see a gun thus you would had probably reacted differently.
If i saw no gun, he would not had seen mine.

I probably would had been out of the car before he broke my window. If he made the mistake of touching me I would had defended myself with extreme prejudice.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Im assuming you did not see a gun thus you would had probably reacted differently.
If i saw no gun, he would not had seen mine.

I probably would had been out of the car before he broke my window. If he made the mistake of touching me I would had defended myself with extreme prejudice.
I saw no weapons, so he didn't see mine

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Im glad no one got hurt, sorry about the window

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
Traveling southbound with another car next to me, this guy pulls out in front of me off a side street causing me to brake and switch lanes. I go around him, come up to 170th (still southbound in left lane) proceed past 170th car in front of me is making a lefthand turn on 4-lane road, guy comes past me on the right. I switch lanes and get behind him, he switches to left lane after passing said car turning left. I then proceed to pass him and also get into left lane, as I eventually (soon) have to make a left to go home. I pull up to the stop light at Bernice and he pulls up behind me and locked me in. I had a door between me and him after he got out...

Mind you, when i passed him and got in the left lane i was nowhere near him to say it was a close call. Take the info as you want, that's what happened.
Kind of hard to believe that's all that happened, but it's your story. The point I'm getting at is they don't just go "well, he threatened you and you shot him, you're free to go" They do an investigation, witnesses, film if they can get it, etc. If you were perpetuating the situation, whether or not YOU think you did, they take that into account. I have a feeling the whole situation would have never taken place if you had just hit your brakes and went on with your life. Why shoot someone for being an asshole?

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
No people are petty as fuck and he was in ghetto fuckville

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Kind of hard to believe that's all that happened, but it's your story. The point I'm getting at is they don't just go "well, he threatened you and you shot him, you're free to go" They do an investigation, witnesses, film if they can get it, etc. If you were perpetuating the situation, whether or not YOU think you did, they take that into account. I have a feeling the whole situation would have never taken place if you had just hit your brakes and went on with your life. Why shoot someone for being an asshole?
Yep, as I said it's my side. I get what you're saying. But going about my way pisses someone off and then I'm the aggressor? I drove through Gary for 7.5yrs, zero issues. I drive through Calumet City for 1 week, and this. I'm 35yrs old, and I'm trying to go from point A (work) to point B (home).

He would have never gotten shot over him threatening me, but had he breached my vehicle there would have been some sort of outcome.

It was a white Male in his 60s probably 6'4" 220+ lbs. Am I trying to end him over something stupid? No

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Uhhhhhhh, people get mad for less dude. Ive literally seen someone get out of a car, walk over, and punch someone else in the face because he "looked at him funny". This was when I was in HS. Now there are more people trying to "keep it real".

Perception is always a problem too. If you get too close to someone, they might perceive that as an act of aggression. They might think YOU are intimidating THEM. Not everyone thinks like most of us.

I probably would have done what you did OP. As much practice as Ive done and as willing as I am to live, I do not actively WANT to hurt anyone.

Had a couple little scares about a year back and said screw it. Got a dash cam that does audio. Now there is their side, my side, and the truth.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Uhhhhhhh, people get mad for less dude. Ive literally seen someone get out of a car, walk over, and punch someone else in the face because he "looked at him funny". This was when I was in HS. Now there are more people trying to "keep it real".

Perception is always a problem too. If you get too close to someone, they might perceive that as an act of aggression. They might think YOU are intimidating THEM. Not everyone thinks like most of us.

I probably would have done what you did OP. As much practice as Ive done and as willing as I am to live, I do not actively WANT to hurt anyone.

Had a couple little scares about a year back and said screw it. Got a dash cam that does audio. Now there is their side, my side, and the truth.
Yeah, I will be adding a dashcam.

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
Scary shit! I like having a dash-cam as it reminds me that my actions are being recorded too. So even if someone else instigates something, I have to stay calm too. Also knowing I have a wife and daughter at home helps me get out of a "red mist" type of mindframe after a few moments. I try to think about "what if that other guy does something crazy" if I don't let it go and get on with my drive. Although if I do something that's my fault, that dash cam memory card is gone! :D

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't know man, it takes 2 to tango. I have a hard time believing you were just going on your merry way and someone just decided to want to beat the shit out of you. Either way, in the end you made the right decision. Maybe, in the future, just let it go. There's so much more to life than someone pulling out in front of you.

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
You said 9mm.

And you said large enraged male.

I probably would have held off in that scenario too. Might have been enough to just piss him off.

.45 means not having to shoot twice.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Why not just get out and throw some hands being he didn’t have a weapon?
If you got your ass kicked, big deal you will get over it and vice versa
Maybe I’m wrong but that’s what I would have done and I have my conceal carry.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Why not just get out and throw some hands being he didn’t have a weapon?
If you got your ass kicked, big deal you will get over it and vice versa
Maybe I’m wrong but that’s what I would have done and I have my conceal carry.
Because I didn't even want a confrontation, being I didn't start shit...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom