U.S. Agrees to Peace Deal with Taliban

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
REPORT: U.S. Agrees to Outlines of Peace Deal with Taliban

help

The best details, believe me

The U.S. has agreed to the outlines of a peace deal with the Taliban that includes the withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan in exchange for a guarantee that terrorist groups will not be permitted to take route in the vacated region, the New York Times reported Monday.

“We have a draft of the framework that has to be fleshed out before it becomes an agreement,” America’s chief negotiator, Zalmay Khalilzad, told the New York Times during an interview in Kabul. “The Taliban have committed, to our satisfaction, to do what is necessary that would prevent Afghanistan from ever becoming a platform for international terrorist groups or individuals.”

“We felt enough confidence that we said we need to get this fleshed out, and details need to be worked out,” he added.

The U.S. has also demanded that the Taliban enter into a cease-fire with the Afghan government as a precondition for the withdrawal of U.S. troops. Taliban leadership is reportedly considering the demand but has not yet agreed to it.

While the deal has not yet been finalized, it represents the most significant progress since peace negotiations began some nine years ago.

Following six days of negotiation, Khalilzad briefed Afghan president Ashraf Ghani on the status of negotiations, prompting the president to strike a tone of cautious optimism in a subsequent address to the nation.

“We want peace quickly, we want it soon, but we want it with prudence,” Ghani said. “Prudence is important so we do not repeat past mistakes.”

NOMIEZVR4

Reaction score
too bad they couldn't play nice for the past 2 decades :rolleyes: i dont follow the media and that headline makes it seem so nonchalant too

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Sounds idiotic to me!!
So people that hate every one, consider everyone but them not human or worth living, to honor anything???
Their entire way of life is you must do exactly what we say or you should be killed!!
They definitely don't consider the US human beings!!!
We are evil, devils, interlopers, worth less than a grain of sand.

I would not trust them as far as I can throw fat slob pritzker!!!!

As long as they are still breathing, the taliban will continue to kill & murder anyone & everyone not them!!!!
Yes we should be gone, if the taliban take over then the country should be completely blockaded.
You want to support a murdering terrorist group, then you are not welcome in our global society.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score

Sounds idiotic to me!!
So people that hate every one, consider everyone but them not human or worth living, to honor anything???
Their entire way of life is you must do exactly what we say or you should be killed!!

As long as they are still breathing, the taliban will continue to kill & murder anyone & everyone not them!!!!
Yes we should be gone, if the taliban take over then the country should be completely blockaded.
You want to support a murdering terrorist group, then you are not welcome in our global society.

Terrorist groups are always going to exist. You wipe out one, another pops up in their place. This all sounds like a “just stay on your side of the fence and we’ll mind our own business from now on”

ragingclue

Donating Member
Reaction score
LOL @ a clipping from 1945.

Try one from 1973, the message makes more sense.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score
Terrorist groups are always going to exist. You wipe out one, another pops up in their place.
This all sounds like a “just stay on your side of the fence and we’ll mind our own business from now on”

Exactly, but who would trust them for a second once they were already established and proven cold blooded killers!!!
Do the job or keep your nose out of everyone's business.

Didn't iran taking obama's billions and spending it on terrorist activity wake these people up!!!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
LOL @ a clipping from 1945.

Try one from 1973, the message makes more sense.
Good point. I grabbed the top pic from a search. The 1973 pic is a lot better. Still front page news with the N.Y. Times. Hopefully, they will do the same when a peace agreement is signed.

IMO, fighting over in Afghanistan is a no win situation. We would need to take over the country to change anything and there would still be big problems. If you can't win a war and Americans are being killed, we should stop.

Granted, we have caused problems there and will cause more if we leave. Some of the people who live there will suffer/die because of it.

If we can't win, we will need to leave sometime and people will get hurt. I would rather stop the deaths of the American young men in our military now since the repercussions will happen sooner or later but they will happen either way.

b4black

Reaction score
Wikipedia
The Taliban have been condemned internationally for the harsh enforcement of their interpretation of Islamic Sharia law, which has resulted in the brutal treatment of many Afghans, especially women. During their rule from 1996 to 2001, the Taliban and their allies committed massacres against Afghan civilians, denied UN food supplies to 160,000 starving civilians and conducted a policy of scorched earth, burning vast areas of fertile land and destroying tens of thousands of homes. According to the United Nations, the Taliban and their allies were responsible for 76% of Afghan civilian casualties in 2010, 80% in 2011, and 80% in 2012. Taliban has also engaged in cultural genocide, destroying numerous monuments including the famous 1500-year old Buddhas of Bamiyan

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Exactly, I sure and hell hope PRESIDENT Trump isn't stupid enough to believe them!!!
I think it's stupid to trust fat boy kim, but at least he's only power mad, the Taliban are religious nut jobs, those are the worse!!!!
They will NEVER keep their word, way too stupid & WAY WAY too brainwashed into believing their idiotic fairy tale!!!!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I feel like I would be fine if they just stayed in their shit hole country and we stayed in America. If they want to just be horrible people in their own part of the world, let them. The US has spent a ridiculous amount of money overseas and the Taliban is still around.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Stupid...but I can tell you this...if it happened under President Obama...we'd never hear the end of what a glorious achievement this is, and he'd likely get another Nobel Peace Prize for it.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
It's tough to get them Trump colored glasses off your head isn't it. :lmao:

CHI2000GTP

Grand Prix Junkie
Reaction score
The Obama Administration is over.......:io:
Umm... this agreement is under trump. An "agreement" implies there were negotiations. Meaning people were talking at a table, shaking their heads, stroking their beards, signing papers, etc.

Or, are you guys saying we didn't negotiate anything and jammed it down their throat?

Or, are you guys saying the Taliban are not terrorists?

A little confused here.

CHI2000GTP

Grand Prix Junkie
Reaction score
Cuz if you're trying to say that trump don't negotiate with terrorists, only Obama would do that...

You're wrong.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score

Sounds idiotic to me!!

unclear if you understand the difference between al qaeda and the taliban, but you're a voter and we've only been deployed over there for 18 years, so why bother figuring out the difference anyway amirite

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Well if this goes anything like the NK deal, I expect the Taliban to continue doing whatever the hell they want after the "negotiation".

That being said, this sets a pretty big precedent...the US really never negotiated with terrorists, as to do so would give the terrorist groups a level of sovereignty that the US has always been insistent that they should never have.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
That being said, this sets a pretty big precedent...the US really never negotiated with terrorists, as to do so would give the terrorist groups a level of sovereignty that the US has always been insistent that they should never have.
WTF?!?!

How do you think we got that loser Bergdahl back from the Taliban?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
Well if this goes anything like the NK deal, I expect the Taliban to continue doing whatever the hell they want after the "negotiation".

yah except when we are supporting them, like the mujahideen which became the taliban. or the non-state terrorists like contras in nicaragua. or state sponsored terrorists like support of suharto and mass killings of citizens in indonesia...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom