šŸ„ Health Two shakes a day?

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I'm about to focus again on dropping weight, about 11 lbs. To keep my protein up I'm wondering if I can have 2 (2 scoop) shakes a day? I use Ascent powder.
You can, but itā€™s best to get your protein in animal form. Add a couple of chicken breasts throughout the day instead.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
For the last few weeks I've been concentrating on making protein rich meals. My goal is 135g/day but I'm easily at 140-150g. Down about 12 lbs. so far but the high protein is helping with lifting and I don't feel like I'm starving. Being creative with recipes I actually want to eat has been fun and rewarding. Look into adding more protein to your meals.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I'm about to focus again on dropping weight, about 11 lbs. To keep my protein up I'm wondering if I can have 2 (2 scoop) shakes a day? I use Ascent powder.
think i've lost 3.5 kilos and gained 2 back in the last couple of weeks. not counting anything, but a combo of missing some muay thai classes due to work/laziness plus daddy likes to eat. you can subsist on a diet of skittles and protein powder but it's not ideal for short term health nor long term sustainable, if you're not getting ready for your men's health photo shoot you are better off losing weight slowly and just adopting a new diet period vs. a more dramatic temporary diet and cut which you'll be abandoning a couple weeks later. that's just a recipe for yo-yo'ing but in a much bigger way than the double portion of yum-yums i'm doing now.

i think you're fine with protein powder, although iirc keto specifically, not that you are on it, is more conducive to kidney stone creation if you are on a high protein/low carb diet. i am personally on a high protein/wherever carbs fall diet, with a goal of 180g on paper but with 0 planning a reality attainment of probably 140-180g a day. every morning this includes 5g creating 32g protein powder. various attempts at high protein/meat meals and at least one high protein snacky and often two, which i use powder in. eg. protein banana bread or other breads i make, or a brownie, or blueberry peanut butter crumble (latest, it's great), or protein ice cream. with food it may be more bioavailable or cheaper protein, although not as lean as powder. i consume a lot of powder daily though.

the shakes are efficient calorie wise, but they are also fucking boring and unsatiating, which is why i started baking. it's also kind of a fun game to play with tweaking recipes and seeing how good you could make something. i had friends over for my first attempt vanilla ice cream, a banana bread, and a carrot cake, all high protein/low calorie based, and they were surprised at how good they all were.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I'm using Ascent protein powder, my neighbor who is a trainer reccomended it. My system likes it a lot better than the other ones I've used.

I'm generally not hitting protein targets so will try this. Doesn't mean I won't try to cook more though.

I've never had kidney stones and I've been lazy keto more years than not so I doubt I'm at risk.

Protein-powder baking sounds interesting I'd rather buy the finished product though.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I'm using Ascent protein powder, my neighbor who is a trainer reccomended it. My system likes it a lot better than the other ones I've used.

I'm generally not hitting protein targets so will try this. Doesn't mean I won't try to cook more though.

is it hydrolyzed whey? generally people's stomachs tolerate that better. price per gram of actual protein and factoring other junk/total calories, i ended up with a hydrolyzed thai brand. it mixes well too. i use it and some casein in cooking because the latter has better properties for some things, pancakes in particular. it's pricey but you can get pe science in the US, which is a mix of both and tastes great, i made frosting with just it and greek yogurt.

[/quote]
I've never had kidney stones and I've been lazy keto more years than not so I doubt I'm at risk.

Protein-powder baking sounds interesting I'd rather buy the finished product though.
[/QUOTE]

you're on keto or not, and you're not

no one will ever sell you anything as good as you can make. whether it is because you can measure or tweak, there's just no market/it's too high cost for things, or whatever --- you can make a better version at home. i will put my protein pancakes up against any you can buy anywhere. for most protein bars - you can make something with more protein and less calories and is bigger. some of the stuff is probably a lot quicker than you thing, eg. a brownie, even if you don't pre mix anything.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Fact remains never had kidney stones and zero history of that in my family.

You just challenged me to make pancakes... I'm actually a master baker.

given the right formula i suspect most people would make them? i don't want to find out. but actual keto seems to increase risk, and i am all about avoiding rocks scraping their way down the insides of my dick.

my protein pancakes net out to a pretty good portion, with 47.5g of protein and 502 calories. let me know if you beat that and you actually enjoy what you're eating.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info