TV TWD is dogshit change my mind

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Megan started watching again because she wants to “catch up” and watch the later seasons. I’ve never watched it at all as, as I’ve quickly learned, Arma 2 provided far more entertainment while TWD was being aired live.

Just watched the finale of the first season and before the end, as they’re running away the camera shows automatic weaponry, ammo and supplies, humvees that run on virtually any diesel, and various other military stuff.

What do they do? Drive off with their shitty gas vehicles and granpapi’s 30-30 bolt action and pump shotguns despite 2 episodes prior fuckboi complained that Rick took half their men to go look for weapons.

Absolute fucking trash series. It sucked from season one and they made how many of these dumbfuck seasons and stupid fucking spin-offs?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Again, I was losing it right before tiger man showed up.

When he showed up that was it for me.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I enjoyed it up to when Neegan showed up. My biggest gripe with the whole show was just the waiting around for 20 episodes while nothing happened and they shoved 500 commercials in each episode. Each season had one plot development, that could have been worked through in 2 or 3 episodes, but they dragged it out. Made the episodes unnecessarily cumbersome.

I liked the overall plot, I liked most of the characters. They just were bad at telling thr story. Would have been better on HBO.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
. My biggest gripe with the whole show was just the waiting around for 20 episodes while nothing happened and they shoved 500 commercials in each episode. Each season had one plot development, that could have been worked through in 2 or 3 episodes, but they dragged it out. Made the episodes unnecessarily cumbersome.
I forgot how ridiculous this was, the sheer volume of commercials on this show and lack of action made it impossible to watch.

From reddit

I timed the last episode to see why it seems like there's so many commercials​

renderTimingPixel.png

Spoiler: It's because there's actually a lot more commercials than the average.
This has been bothering me for a while, but I wasn't just if it's just that I'm used to watching Netflix and HBO, or if there's really a ton of commercials. So, I got out a stop watch and marked the start and end of the show segments and commercial breaks. Times aren't 100% precise, but good enough to make the point.
So the average amount of commercial time for a cable channel is 16:08 per hour. So basically 16 minutes of commercials and 44 minutes of show. The last episode of TWD, including the previously on bit, intro, next week preview and credits comes out to just about 44 minutes of show time. So far, so good. But, it also has a whopping 21 minutes of commercials, 25% more than normal. The episodes just run about 1:05 instead of a normal hour, with all the extra time going to advertisements.
To make matters worse, TWD features breaks with tons of very short commercials. I find these kinds of ads take me out of the show much more than a few long ads, and they make the breaks feel longer. In total, the last episode had 51 different commercials (including AMC's own ads). The longest break went for 4:49 with 14 commercials, and both McDonald's and Verizon showing up twice.

331stang

Regular
Aug 14, 2011
I forgot how ridiculous this was, the sheer volume of commercials on this show and lack of action made it impossible to watch.

From reddit
I just waited to watch the last few seasons when it hit Netflix, I cant deal with the commercials anymore ,I'd rather buy the seasons on Amazon prime than sit through the commercials, I can handle them ,they're painful

S8ER01Z

Addict
TCG Premium
Jun 2, 2013
First of all.. Arma is awesome so how dare you ?. Second TWD turned to pure dry shit at some point and I just can’t anymore. I “finished” but I think I skipped hours of content because it was just dry dialog and stories that added next to nothing other than just filling up time. It could have been amazing if they had kept the spirit of the first few episodes but I’m not even sure they made it an entire season before they started trying to drag things out. Shame

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
First of all.. Arma is awesome so how dare you ?.
Hey man, I said I had over 2000 hours in Arma 2 OA (before it was a standalone installer and only a mod) and the Arma 2 DayZ combined. Have almost 3000 hours in Arma 3 Exile, and a few hundred hours in the pile of shit DayZ standalone. I aint hating. :rofl:

Zombies are my shit.

• Love
Reactions: S8ER01Z
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info