Turo Issue

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
If you can't rent, find the closest Carmax as they now have a 30 day return policy on cars. Probably not one in the Keys, though, but yes in Miami area.

:rofl:

or sell it back to Vroom for profit? 30 days/1,500 mile allowance is a generous return policy, I have to imagine some are doing this. I mean people are desperately renting U-hauls, shit they are probably renting Menards and Home Depot trucks too.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
So update. Owner can't get the tire replaced anywhere as it needs to be ordered. So he is now refunding me everything which is good but I'm stuck without a car.

Going to call the local enterprise tomorrow and see what they have and see if they will let me drop it off at Miami airport.

Otherwise I guess I'm ubering for $300 to be able to get home

• Wow
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So update. Owner can't get the tire replaced anywhere as it needs to be ordered. So he is now refunding me everything which is good but I'm stuck without a car.

Going to call the local enterprise tomorrow and see what they have and see if they will let me drop it off at Miami airport.

PM sent for an Enterprise dealio

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

i mean i think there are shuttles and vans and shit for keys to mia airport though too for another option?

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
i mean i think there are shuttles and vans and shit for keys to mia airport though too for another option?
Looking into it. As of now I've reserved a enterprise at marathon airport that I'm picking up today but because of lack of cars they are not doing one ways meaning I have to return it to the same location. So I'll drop that off Friday and then Uber/Lyft or try to find a shuttle to get me to the airport Saturday morning.

Huge thanks to Shawn1112 Shawn1112 for the enterprise help.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
We'd have to fly out of marathon and quick look it's almost 500 for the 2 of us one way. It would be faster but if I can get a shuttle for a hundred bucks I'd still do that.

Even a Lyft the whole way was 250.

im saying uber from where you're at to the key west airport.

above all i wouldn't let this ruin your trip and i'd try to just make it fun and an adventure because of it.

i don't get much vacation time so spending 3 hours in an uber doesn't seem too appealing.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
im saying uber from where you're at to the key west airport.

above all i wouldn't let this ruin your trip and i'd try to just make it fun and an adventure because of it.

i don't get much vacation time so spending 3 hours in an uber doesn't seem too appealing.
Ubering to key west is still 2 hours haha. I'm like right in the middle keys

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ubering to key west is still 2 hours haha. I'm like right in the middle keys

i saw an hour. my bad.

1623761355892.png

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Damn that sucks.

When we were in Orlando in February, we made reservations at r Dollar rental, I can't remember. Plane landed at 9:45/10 PMish and get in a LONG LINE of people waiting for cars, the rental place had no inventory. We ended up paying nearly triple for an Enterprise car compared to what we reserved at Dollar. Wife was looking into trips again this summer and she heard/saw that most car rental places have inventory issues right now. Not sure if it's a combo of Covid/lack of chips for cars.
they sold off fleets last year when no one was traveling, then the chip shortage hit, now struggling to get new cars and having to buy used.

I can tell you that the situation in Orlando isn't bad, maybe they are prioritizing their fleets to hot spots now that things are going back to normal and summer has hit

We flew to Orlando in Feb as well for a Fri-Mon vacation. National had next to no cars, our choices were between all full size SUVS, they were giving out the last of the inventory, I wasn't going to complain

Flew to Orlando 2 weeks ago Fri-Mon same vacation days, National and all the other companies had an insane amount of inventory on hand, I remember thinking where the hell were they storing all of these cars, but nope, they sold during the downturn and then were buying up all the new inventory this year. We ended up in a 2021 Sahara Wrangler, couldn't believe it, they must be buying literally anything available.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Yep, so owner ended up refunding me all my money. Couldn't get tires. I then got an enterprise rental for the remainder of the trip but had to return that back to Marathon where I picked it up. Then got an Avis from Marathon that I was able to return in Miami.

I have no idea how the dude got his Camaro back from the keys. It was at a tire shop then he had it towed to a dealer down there. But that's his problem.

• Wow
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yep, so owner ended up refunding me all my money. Couldn't get tires. I then got an enterprise rental for the remainder of the trip but had to return that back to Marathon where I picked it up. Then got an Avis from Marathon that I was able to return in Miami.

I have no idea how the dude got his Camaro back from the keys. It was at a tire shop then he had it towed to a dealer down there. But that's his problem.

so do you know if the owner was out his money or if turo funded the refund?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info