turbo guys/3800 gurus. what should i run for a pcv setup on my turbo pricks.f

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
alright so i have been redoing some stuff in my black car off and on for a lil bit now in my spare time (extremely hard to come by...)

one of the few things remaining is setting up something to properly relieve crankcase gasses.

before I had front valvecovers on both heads with fittings tapped into the oil caps on each side, they ran to a "T" and then to a ghettofab catch can with a breather on the top.

also- passages for it are blocked off in the throttle body.

but what do you recommend... as economical as possible. :hs:

there is no room to put something before my turbo to create a vacuum as my air filter sits directly on the turbo and there is no room to put in an elbow or anything like that.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
that system setup should be plenty sufficient, while you loose a tiny bit of upper cylinder lubrication your current setup keeps oil out of the chambers and that means less chance of detonation, my only suggestion is that you use 1/2 in hose from each cover and run them individually to the breather/catch can.

the larger the catch can the better and some sort of condensation medium would help keep oil vapor from escaping/coating engine bay

for pure race i would suggest a vacum pump or a header evac setup

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Edit: missed the part about the tb being blocked. Disregard the stuff below....

I'd also think about running a filter on it to "catch" oil....I've read of people building catch cans and they never get oil in them cause the setup is too smooth and the vapors pass right by with oil. They're big in the Subaru world.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
that system setup should be plenty sufficient, while you loose a tiny bit of upper cylinder lubrication your current setup keeps oil out of the chambers and that means less chance of detonation, my only suggestion is that you use 1/2 in hose from each cover and run them individually to the breather/catch can.

the larger the catch can the better and some sort of condensation medium would help keep oil vapor from escaping/coating engine bay

what should I use for a condensation medium?

cuz right before i took apart my car... condensation was getting into my setup cuz in the filler neck would be some condensation... not in my oil at all- but close.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Looks like this guy

033.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

1/2 in od or id?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
hose is sized by id

really all ya need is a common breather tank with two nipples and a filter on top and fill it with a charboy pad

but if your going the route of the riv (with a possibility of using the pcv system close to oem function in the future) your looking for one of these with 1/2in npt fittings (this one has a metal protector of the clear collection bowl)
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200132274_200132274

then your would run the outlet to your current catch can/breather

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info