• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Turbo experts: need some input.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
A few more questions and comments:

The car has horrible detonation anything over 3/4 throttle. The timing is LOW and the IAT temps are low as well.
I do know I have to replace the mufflers or delete them....will do that soon.

Some have suggested a bigger A/R housing (.96 now) only problem is the 1.15 from Comp is a divided housing, not the open I have now. I really dont want to mod the downpipe to a full 3.5" either. (have a 3" now that necks right up to 3.5")

I also run TR6 plugs.

So now for your input.....
Should I run a colder plug, delete the mufflers and see if that fixes it?
...and if it doesn't, can I just install a meth kit and call it a day?
I do not want to re-invent the entire setup. I dont have to have staggering amounts of boost or set records. I just want to drive it reliably and have fun, while being fast at the same time. No E85 either! I want to fill up with 93 and drive anywhere I please without worry.

Thanks in advance!

Reid@SP

www.spracingonline.com
Apr 12, 2009
Dekalb, IL
A few more questions and comments:

The car has horrible detonation anything over 3/4 throttle. The timing is LOW and the IAT temps are low as well.
I do know I have to replace the mufflers or delete them....will do that soon.

Some have suggested a bigger A/R housing (.96 now) only problem is the 1.15 from Comp is a divided housing, not the open I have now. I really dont want to mod the downpipe to a full 3.5" either. (have a 3" now that necks right up to 3.5")

I also run TR6 plugs.

So now for your input.....
Should I run a colder plug, delete the mufflers and see if that fixes it?
...and if it doesn't, can I just install a meth kit and call it a day?
I do not want to re-invent the entire setup. I dont have to have staggering amounts of boost or set records. I just want to drive it reliably and have fun, while being fast at the same time. No E85 either! I want to fill up with 93 and drive anywhere I please without worry.

Thanks in advance!

What's your tuning software? How much boost are you making on 93oct?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info