Turbo Coyotes take on turbo LS

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Yes. Back when there wasn't alot of shops doing these builds and most were built by the owners. Now every town has 3-4 builders and people just drop their stuff off with a wad of cadh and have 1000 hp.

Well also you just slap a blower on in a weekend add fuel system pay some dude to email you a tune and make 800+whp, technology

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Yes. Back when there wasn't alot of shops doing these builds and most were built by the owners. Now every town has 3-4 builders and people just drop their stuff off with a wad of cadh and have 1000 hp.

Well also you just slap a blower on in a weekend add fuel system pay some dude to email you a tune and make 800+whp, technology

Super easy to make big power these days. When I tell non car people how much power my car makes they're like wtf seriously? Then I tell them its really not a big deal. Slap some boost on, use good fuel, and your done! lol

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
The turbo 4.8 with a glide roll racing makes me chuckle.I usually wouldn't buy "not set up for roll racing" and take it as an excuse but I think I'd give that guy the benefit of the doubt.

Awesome cars although I will say I would have thought the Paxton Mustang vs the Miata was a bit of an underwhelming match.

Also Dat SS!

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I know, but he’s the one who loud mouths with his customer’s cars.

Im not saying the dude deserved the shiy talking. Just stating they shouldn’t be surprised when your city did the same thing.

With that said, Jeremy Brown and the guy with the silver coyote already talked it out and apologized.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I know, but he’s the one who loud mouths with his customer’s cars.

Im not saying the dude deserved the shiy talking. Just stating they shouldn’t be surprised when your city did the same thing.

With that said, Jeremy Brown and the guy with the silver coyote already talked it out and apologized.

Well yeah, loud mouthing is part of the game. Especially in this day and age when everyone is trying to be IG famous. And it kinda works out for him because pretty much everyone in Houston with a s550 goes to him. Hell, I went to him.

I haven't been paying attention to the drama just saw the original thread when it was posted.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Really isn’t hard to make 1000 hp anymore. The question now is how long do you want it to last or how long do you chance it?

It’s either turbos and fuel and hope whatever stock engine you have holds..... or

Turbos, engine, trans, fuel lol

It's easier because the ability to understand tuning and manipulate fuel. We've gone from Narrow Band sensors and FMUs to wide bands and HPT. There's also a ton of information out there that flat out wasn't around for a long time. I mean it used to be people thought that blow through turbos weren't doable now we know a lot otherwise.

The engines/transmissions have gotten somewhat more durable, but I would argue not as much as we'd think. I mean if you look at what the best times are for some SBE or stock rod 351Ws on Turbo Mustangs they're a lot closer to a gen 3 than one would think, much less a lot of the big blocks. The huge aftermarket has also made a difference too especially around "modern" stuff. It seemed like there was a huge gap in both availability and affordability that has closed in the last 10-15 years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info