• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

turbo 6liter woes :\

MrFosta

Cali Imported
Jan 26, 2013
Chicago, IL
so, I was inspecting everything, and just so happen, that cyl. 7 coil is corroded,
and green inside where the sparkplug boot/wire goes..could this have contributed
to the problem im having possibly?
600858_10200516731673657_733711105_n.jpg

You will get a missfire from that for sure. Not sure if it would destroy that cylinder, but I would clean that thing up for sure.

That's a lot of corrosion. Under repeated boosting, I would bet on this being one of (if not THE main) issue that's causing all this havoc. Are you fuel returned, or no fuel return? (Sorry might have skipped over reading it)

If you are returnless, then you need to go with a fuel return system. What caused this is not necessairly lack of flow in the general sense, but lack of flow because of injector pulsing.

Pressure in a fuel regulator may differentiate between 57-59lbs, but intermittent between pulses in the rail you could get a -10lb different. This is the difference between being "safe" and blowing up your shit.

I had to deal with this (injector pulsing) on my Civic (yeah yeah, i know, its a honduh and I'm on a mostly american forum). But I'm making 300hp/liter, so I must be doing something right...

Upgraded rails +bigger/better pumps helps if you dont want to go full out return, but fuel return gets rid of the issue in general.

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
You will get a missfire from that for sure. Not sure if it would destroy that cylinder, but I would clean that thing up for sure.

im just gonna buy a new one, it has 135k miles on it..its done..

That's a lot of corrosion. Under repeated boosting, I would bet on this being one of (if not THE main) issue that's causing all this havoc. Are you fuel returned, or no fuel return? (Sorry might have skipped over reading it)

If you are returnless, then you need to go with a fuel return system. What caused this is not necessairly lack of flow in the general sense, but lack of flow because of injector pulsing.

Pressure in a fuel regulator may differentiate between 57-59lbs, but intermittent between pulses in the rail you could get a -10lb different. This is the difference between being "safe" and blowing up your shit.

I had to deal with this (injector pulsing) on my Civic (yeah yeah, i know, its a honduh and I'm on a mostly american forum). But I'm making 300hp/liter, so I must be doing something right...

Upgraded rails +bigger/better pumps helps if you dont want to go full out return, but fuel return gets rid of the issue in general.

I am running stock lines and rail, as a lot of guys have put down more to the wheels than I have with these engines, and have had no problems...I was told that at the hp level im at the stock rail/no return will suffice, but go any higher, I should look into a new fuel setup. I am currently running dual walbro 255's in tank.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
im just gonna buy a new one, it has 135k miles on it..its done..

I am running stock lines and rail, as a lot of guys have put down more to the wheels than I have with these engines, and have had no problems...I was told that at the hp level im at the stock rail/no return will suffice, but go any higher, I should look into a new fuel setup. I am currently running dual walbro 255's in tank.

I thought they didnt start the returnless fuel system untill 04, if you really dont have a return system i can show you how to make it raise rate off the stock junk to up your fuel pressure under boost, i just did that to my grand prix

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
Find a set of the truck coils.

I do have a whole set of truck coils...but no harness that attaches to the coilpack/bracket assembly...need to obtain them harnesses for both sides..

I thought they didnt start the returnless fuel system untill 04, if you really dont have a return system i can show you how to make it raise rate off the stock junk to up your fuel pressure under boost, i just did that to my grand prix

:riski:im listening....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info