Turbo 3800 issues

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Funny you say that its been doing this since the water. I remember going through a few non-so-deep areas of water on the road last summer with the turbonnie and it stumbled terribly. No lasting issues popped up, but I thought it was weird, it would like almost die. I just try to avoid going through any standing water now.

You fix DAT shit yet? Or waiting for warm?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I had a dude with an 05 and it was hard to start had to crank it over and blip the throttle to get it going, his throttle body was all full of an exhaust oil mix and it was blocking the small gap that the throttlebody opens on start up, cleaned it and it fired right up every time, if you don't have an egr that probably eliminates that as a possibility though

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Still say MAF, ever since post #2 it sounds a hell of a lot like the missing stumbling shit idle mine went through......

Driving through water or not when the MAF goes the car will run like ass or not at all.

MAY is like 3 seconds to change but they are expensive. I don't know what the LT1's cost or whatever but as others said should be away to isolate that MAF too.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I had a dude with an 05 and it was hard to start had to crank it over and blip the throttle to get it going, his throttle body was all full of an exhaust oil mix and it was blocking the small gap that the throttlebody opens on start up, cleaned it and it fired right up every time, if you don't have an egr that probably eliminates that as a possibility though

As far as I know I don't have an egr, it should be disabled in the tune, but I think that crap is all hooked up. It's worth a shot, it starts decently and idles fine then chokes itself out. Maybe a vacuum leak? I just haven't seen any possible points but tomorrow I'll have to spray some starter fluid.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Still say MAF, ever since post #2 it sounds a hell of a lot like the missing stumbling shit idle mine went through......

Driving through water or not when the MAF goes the car will run like ass or not at all.

Probably my next try tomorrow. Just wish electrical items could be returned auto parts stores. Amazon will take a two days to get it.. Need this pos Monday. Might be my best bet.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Probably my next try tomorrow. Just wish electrical items could be returned auto parts stores. Amazon will take a day to get it. Need this pos Monday.

Fuck never mind was going to say have someone you know with a 3800 swing by and swap it to verify its so simple to check and swap out but then I remembered its got a damn LT1 MAF in it.....

Know anyone that's driving a vehicle with a LT1 MAF in it? :rofl:

These random problems are a bitch especially when they don't throw a hard code repeatedly.

Also Oreillys lifetime warranty on shit like sensors = win! Especially if you plan on keeping it for a while.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Fuck never mind was going to say have someone you know with a 3800 swing but and swap it to verify its so simple to check and swap out but then I remembered its got a damn LT1 MAF in it.....

Know anyone that's driving a vehicle with a LT1 MAF in it? :rofl:

These random problems are a bitch especially when they don't throw a hard code repeatedly.

Only hard codes it throws are random misfire and lean, well no shit lol.

Hope it's not the CPS, it does look like a real bitch, but I would think it would throw some sort of correlation code.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info