• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tuning Question

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Afer I install the KB, I want to run 17psi for the street, and instead of just getting a more aggressive tune I want to run 19-20psi for the strip. Now how do I have the tune done? DO I just fill it up w 100 octane and do both tunes on that and just swap pulleys in between, or will the 17psi tune be affected a little because of better gas. Do I do them seperate 17psi on 93 octane, and 19+psi on 100 octane or better? How does Sutton usually do this? If any of you guys run a combo simular to what Im talking about?

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
FuelSlut said:
Afer I install the KB, I want to run 17psi for the street, and instead of just getting a more aggressive tune I want to run 19-20psi for the strip. Now how do I have the tune done? DO I just fill it up w 100 octane and do both tunes on that and just swap pulleys in between, or will the 17psi tune be affected a little because of better gas. Do I do them seperate 17psi on 93 octane, and 19+psi on 100 octane or better? How does Sutton usually do this? If any of you guys run a combo simular to what Im talking about?

If you want the 17psi for the street, then I would suggest getting it tuned with whatever gas you typically run on the street. (93 most likely) If you were to put 100 Octane in the car with the tune set up for 93 Octane, you wouldn't have anything to worry about. If you had a tune set for 100 Octane and you only run 93, you would most likely start having detonation and possibly damage your engine.

So get 2 tunes... 1 for 17psi on 93 Octane for the street, and then another for 19-20psi on 100 Octane for the strip.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• FuelSlut
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list