• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tune up items on a 08 Crown Vic

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Gonna start going through, and doing some tuneup items on the CV before winter. Cousin is an :amsoil: dealer, and wants to get me a bunch of stuff for free, for some favors I've done for him recently. Was going to do trans and rear-gear lube. Going to wait on the rear-gear lube until I decide to throw in a trac-lok unit.

My biggest concern, however, is the sparkplugs. Since they are usually 100,000 mile interval units, I've always been weary of changing them. I've also heard of them being seized in heads before on original high mileage mod motors...is there truth to this?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Gonna start going through, and doing some tuneup items on the CV before winter. Cousin is an :amsoil: dealer, and wants to get me a bunch of stuff for free, for some favors I've done for him recently. Was going to do trans and rear-gear lube. Going to wait on the rear-gear lube until I decide to throw in a trac-lok unit.

My biggest concern, however, is the sparkplugs. Since they are usually 100,000 mile interval units, I've always been weary of changing them. I've also heard of them being seized in heads before on original high mileage mod motors...is there truth to this?

I thought that was only a concern on the older 5.4 trucks? I dont remember it being an issue for the cars. I know the truck was such a huge deal because the clearance was zero to none. So if it broke, either you were a master at getting them out with special tools, or you removed the cylinder head

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info