Tune up items on a 08 Crown Vic

Primalzer

Reaction score
Gonna start going through, and doing some tuneup items on the CV before winter. Cousin is an :amsoil: dealer, and wants to get me a bunch of stuff for free, for some favors I've done for him recently. Was going to do trans and rear-gear lube. Going to wait on the rear-gear lube until I decide to throw in a trac-lok unit.

My biggest concern, however, is the sparkplugs. Since they are usually 100,000 mile interval units, I've always been weary of changing them. I've also heard of them being seized in heads before on original high mileage mod motors...is there truth to this?

lastls1

Reaction score
Gonna start going through, and doing some tuneup items on the CV before winter. Cousin is an :amsoil: dealer, and wants to get me a bunch of stuff for free, for some favors I've done for him recently. Was going to do trans and rear-gear lube. Going to wait on the rear-gear lube until I decide to throw in a trac-lok unit.

My biggest concern, however, is the sparkplugs. Since they are usually 100,000 mile interval units, I've always been weary of changing them. I've also heard of them being seized in heads before on original high mileage mod motors...is there truth to this?
I thought that was only a concern on the older 5.4 trucks? I dont remember it being an issue for the cars. I know the truck was such a huge deal because the clearance was zero to none. So if it broke, either you were a master at getting them out with special tools, or you removed the cylinder head

lastls1

Reaction score
also 08 crown vic's did not come with the 5.4 triton motor which was the bad one

blueoval4life

Donating Member
Reaction score

Never had any issues on the 4.6 motor.

Primalzer

Reaction score
Yeah, after doing a little research, the earlier 4.6's do have some issues with corrosion on the plugs, but nothing as bad as the 5.4's.

Most people are recommended Motorcrafts or Autolites, which I'd gladly stick with.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
It's the 3 valve 5.4's that have the stupid super long plugs that break and are a PITA to fix. I've never seen a problem with 2 valve mod motors tho

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom