Trump's hair is at it again

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I wouldn't give the media the time of day the way they treat him, and in fact, it's downright criminal some of the unsubstantiated/sourceless things they say and publish about him with impunity. Slanderous national enquirer horseshit. That is why he's on Twitter, and that is why he never attends press meetings. The media is the biggest instigator of drama and problems in this country.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Sort of like starting up something about somebodies birth certificate with unsubstantiated/sourceless evidence. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

And to get this back on track

C2bxfP3.gif

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I wouldn't give the media the time of day the way they treat him, and in fact, it's downright criminal some of the unsubstantiated/sourceless things they say and publish about him with impunity. Slanderous national enquirer horseshit. That is why he's on Twitter, and that is why he never attends press meetings. The media is the biggest instigator of drama and problems in this country.

I think the point [MENTION=396]Mike K[/MENTION] was making was that Obama had his fair share of unsubstantiated/sourceless/libelous things said about him too. The birth certificate witch hunt alone.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Fair share or equal share? I don't see how anyone could say that Obama got just as much bad press as Trump, you'd have to be delusional.

From the MSM Trump certainly has more criticisms whereas Obama had more apologists. In the alternative media world Obama certainly got much more criticism whereas Trump has more apologists.

The alternative sources just aren't usually on the TV, so people don't necessarily see it.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Fair share or equal share? I don't see how anyone could say that Obama got just as much bad press as Trump, you'd have to be delusional.

To be fair, whether you agreed with Obama's policies or not he didn't act like a petulant man child on social media on the reg. How much of this non-stop Trump coverage is reactionary to an easily refuted exaggeration or blatant lie?

I mean, I don't actively look for complete bullshit that he spews but just in the last few days I know he's been (incorrectly) insisting that the Post Office is basically subsidizing Amazon packages, a claim pretty much everyone states is unequivocally false.

I agree with whoever said that if he just shut his mouth and did his job he wouldn't have half the pushback he does. Would it all disappear? No, for sure not. And much of it would still be unwarranted because that's how politics work but it wouldn't be any worse than any other president has suffered.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I would just be content with seeing non-biased news reporting...no left leaning, no right leaning...just purely objective reporting.

The only place like that Ive seen around here is WGN morning news when I would sometimes watch it after getting home after work. Now Im on second shift, I dont really watch news anymore.

I think the point [MENTION=396]Mike K[/MENTION] was making was that Obama had his fair share of unsubstantiated/sourceless/libelous things said about him too. The birth certificate witch hunt alone.

Wanna compare apples to apples, lets talk about Russia then. The stupid birth certificate has not even come close to the "Russia" conspiracy. So no, its not tit for tat. You have people out there crying for god sakes when the guy was elected, and people whining for impeachment. Granted its been a hot minute, I dont remember people calling for Obamas impeachment.

Its also kinda funny because back in the day, which was a Wednesday, people were all, "boohoo, Obama is your president. Get over it" Now its all "NOT MY PRESIDENT!!"

tenor.gif

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
There was a TON of impeachment talk....there were tons of people going out saying “he’s not a real American, show me the real certificate” “send him back to Kenya” “no certificate, then you must impeach.” And these were not just fringe people either. You had Congressman coming out and saying he should be impeached even after he released the long form certificate. Even early on in his presidency republicans were implying they would impeach him for any reason if they gained control of the house and senate and Obama were to be re-elected. So yeah, there was plenty of impeachment talk while under Obama.

It’s always funny that it’s ok to blast a president of the “opposite side” but when it’s on “your side” it’s ridiculous, unsubstantiated, libelous, insert adjective. EVERY PRESIDENT it happens with. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. It just amazes me that each side has their kool aid, and just can’t see that either side is just as hypocritical as the other.

That is why I have started the party of common sense. We are an equal opportunity party that will call out bullshit that any person decides to spout.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info