Truck at Speedinc

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Reaction score
For a tune today. I put a new set of plugs and wires on there and they popped a fresh fuel filter on this morning. I am excite to get it back and see the difference from the FMS trans smokin tune. Then its time for some cal-tracs and get some bumpers built for this big slut. Will report back tomorrow.

PANDA

Reaction score
I need Jim to tune my Tahoe.

I just don't think it would be worth it on a stock 5.3 :rofl:

I am probably going to drop it off sometime this winter for efans.

ktraver97ss

Reaction score
Still worth it on a stock motor imo, but yeah might as well do the efans at the same time.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
It's more so the transmission tune that makes a huge difference in any GM vehicle as opposed to the engine tuning. 75% torque management removal is safe enough to keep longevity but liven things up. Sure as fuck did in the GTO :rofl:

ktraver97ss

Reaction score
Got the truck back on mon and I have only driven it home from Speed, but I noticed an improvement in the shift points immediately. Cant really explain why they are better, but I think it was the down shifting, it used to down shift too soon when i was just trying to accelerate smoothly, not rip past someone. Also noticed improved throttle response and it seemed to pull harder longer at high rpms. All-in-all I am satisfied with the tune and improvement over the previous tune.

Well done guys, and thanks Tony.

ktraver97ss

Reaction score
No numbers, just did a street tune.

Just giving my initial feelings you whiny fucks. I hate you both. :rofl:

ktraver97ss

Reaction score
Still loving it after driving it more, just wish i went with the dyno cause im sure i picked up some ponies. Hopefully I find my vette servo during my move and get them to install that for me too.

ktraver97ss

Reaction score
Just got 15.8 mpg mostly city, much better than the 12-13 i was getting before. :fy:

lastls1

Reaction score
Not to hate but the FMS tune smoked my level 4 RPM trans. :/ sad after all the initial huge press. Speed inc will be doing the trans am

ktraver97ss

Reaction score
You too!? Ahh, that must have been you someone was telling me about. Fucked up shit right!

lastls1

Reaction score
You too!? Ahh, that must have been you someone was telling me about. Fucked up shit right!
I doubt it was me cuz i never said anything to anyone until now. I dont like to hate on shops since I used to work at one long ago. But yea lasted maybe 8k miles. Brand new RPM level 4 with yank brand new 3600 stall. My buddy bought it didnt change anything on the way to florida it now revs super high. well above the stall range and doesnt really move out

first tune it would hit the rev limiter as well. but that was fixed

ktraver97ss

Reaction score
Yeah mine smoked 2 level III's with a bolt-on truck, i think will with the white turbo ta went through one too.

lastls1

Reaction score
Yeah mine smoked 2 level III's with a bolt-on truck, i think will with the white turbo ta went through one too.
oh well water under the bridge. Speed inc always did good work for me in the past. When im done with the TA ill bring it up their way. Modern muscle in oswego did good for me to before. However their tune was pretty conservative

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
What does your Tahoe get [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] is it tuned?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom