• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

trouble code and opinions?

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
Ok last night my check engine light came on in the Focus. I had it scanned today and it came up with P0125

A code P0125 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

* Insufficient warm up time
* Low engine coolant level
* Leaking or stuck open thermostat
* Faulty coolant temperature sensor

Now here is where i need some help..

- The car heats up nice and Hot still and relatively quick
- Its getting ass gas mileage now (doubt its related but it started this week)
- For a couple weeks I have noticed on and off smell of coolant..but when looking under the hood i dont see any leaks or when i look under the car. As well as no drips on my driveway...
- Coolant level seems to be ok

Has anyone had this code before or is this a common problem?

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
Thats what Hans seems to think as well

Is that a common problem with these cars? (I know jack shit about the svtf) also where is the thermostat housing located?

Very common problem, the tstat housing is located right around the intake manifold I believe (haven't been down there in awhile). Take off your intake and you should notice it right away.

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
i was reading the piece of shit is made of plastic? i wont need a new housing just reseal it and a new tstat while im there right?

If the housing is not cracked then you will only need a new seal. I would get a new housing though since they are pretty cheap anyway ($60 bux or so) BTW the clutch master cylinder is also plastic so get ready for that to go at any moment 2 :mad:

macdiesel

Apr 17, 2007
Thermostat housing is at the rear of the engine in front of the ignition coil. It can leak with little to no puddling. If you smell coolant, most likely leaking. Might see coolant build up on bellhousing if you look below the thermostat housing.

Should be covered under warranty. But I've never heard of getting that code and it being the thermostat housing. Usually when the thermostat housing goes the symptoms are having to add coolant, smells or pooling of coolant under car. Maybe the sensor is bad if your mpg's tanked?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Ok last night my check engine light came on in the Focus. I had it scanned today and it came up with P0125

A code P0125 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

* Insufficient warm up time
* Low engine coolant level
* Leaking or stuck open thermostat
* Faulty coolant temperature sensor

Now here is where i need some help..

- The car heats up nice and Hot still and relatively quick
- Its getting ass gas mileage now (doubt its related but it started this week)
- For a couple weeks I have noticed on and off smell of coolant..but when looking under the hood i dont see any leaks or when i look under the car. As well as no drips on my driveway...
- Coolant level seems to be ok

Has anyone had this code before or is this a common problem?

Do a search on coolant leaks cheap fix. I wrote a detailed description of a VERY common (as in ALL) Foci leak. The aluminum plug under the t'stat housing has an o-ring seal. Ford used the wrong grade of rubber. If you car has about 20K miles or more, and it only leaks coolant when the waether and the engine are cold, this is it. The fix is a 50¢ o-ring. Find that thread.....

Chris I heard about this problem a while back and got ready for the day it started leaking, so I went to auto zone and bought a set of viton o ring seals wich are the right grade! It's very easy to fix it's right under the thermostat housing left side of intake.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Thanks Dan!!! you are the man, i will check it out and see what my warranty can do! I appreciate the follow up even after how long its been!

Dan = kickass!

It's no problem at all, I'm just trying to lend a helping hand. I would have responded sooner but I didn't see your post. And if you want I still have that package of o rings I never installed you can have them, you just have to figure out what size it is there is like 8 rings.

If you do take it in foe warr claim make sure you tell them to replace it with a VITON material o ring, they can tolerate like 3 times the heat than the cheap ford one!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info