• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

trilogy engine swap

lji372

Mar 11, 2012
here's my thread from another forum without alot of feed back.

looking for two cents.

is alternative the best place for a tune near warren mi?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1zhelp.gif
me get to the
banana2.gif

i'm the guy who bought the trilogy off ebay (thanks to the pimp who wrecked it after 5 mos of owning it, found the temporary title, and mug shot)
wink.gif

i plan on doing the install myself to save a few bucks. plus nothing like sweat equity.

it came out of an 04 and is going into an 03.

1. it came with ecm and harness, do or should i switch these? it will make it to alternative after the install.

2. any advice on things i should do before installing other than a thorough cleaning. plan on checking oil for contaminents and looking at the cylinder walls with a borescope. don't really want to pop oil pan but could.

3. pulling s/c manual off the internet any advice not in the book?

4. both cars had a stock rear end. since it's more of a cruiser i was thinking leave it that way, unless convinced otherwise. it doesn't look like the motor has been torn down so i believe all the internals to be stock.

I know your all probably going to say just stroke it now, but funds aren't there. (remember i already stole the kids piggy banks to get this sucker)

iamwithstupid.gif
sarcasm is appreciated!

just glad to be part of the madness
beerchug.gif

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
I wonder why you didn't get any good replys from the other site? :rolleyes:

You can leave the engine harness intact and just separate it from just under the master cylinder and pull it with the engine intact. No need to swap PCMs unless you want to use it for the existing Trilogy tune in it

If the SC is already installed on the other motor then why do you need a Trilogy manual? All you should have to do is modify the fuel system.

Check the lower intake on the SC and verify it has an IAT mod done to it, get a cooling mod, pull the SC and check it for blowby (all MM engines are prone to have this) if it does then rework the pcv system, find a 90mm Lightning MAF.

If you want to go with a SVT Focus fuel pump shoot me a PM I have a friend that sells them on the cheap. BTW the Avaitaor pump will out flow the Focus and it doesn't have the pop off valve built in (this valve pops off @85psi) not that you'll need that much fuel pump pressure, just giving the facts.

If you think you may want LTs then find a set of BBK LTs, they bolt right up and require little modification to make them work.

**Welcome to the only TRUE Marauder tech on the web!!**

lji372

Mar 11, 2012
i did get help from tallboy, i like getting 2 cents from a few and having a nickel. thanks for your input.

and i wasn't kidding about being a newbie to fuel injected motor much less a super charged one. after your reply i will have to find time to research all the info given

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• L
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list