• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Trilogy #251??????

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
I picked up this Trilogy recently from hotford with the help from a fellow Marauder owner that passed my info along to the seller:
For Sale Trilogy Supercharger F/S - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

BIG shout out to Poppa J for helping me out! I owe you one...

The unit has 6000 miles on it and includes a 3.0 upper pully and a stock Trilogy lower. Its in almost new condition, The original owner moved up to a Trilogy T/S and kept all the other Trilogy parts inplace on his Marauder, hence the reason I'm dubbing this build Trilogy#251H.... Its gonna be a Hybrid. LOL!!!
I'm sure if Jerry Barnes could read this he will piss himself, and the thought of that makes me giggle just a little. Installing Terry's S/C brackets on a Trilogy is blaspheme

I have already have most of the parts to pull off the install:
Trilogy S/C
Trilogy lower pully
Gortch's Brackets
03 Cobra lower intake
03 Intercooler
I/C water connectors
Frozenboost Type 100 H/E
Bosch I/C pump
I/C pump relay
I/C reservoir
90mm Lightning MAF
Ford GT fuel pump
39lb injectors
Roush 3 bolt tensioner
IAT sensor
IAT wiring pigtail

Only a few small items and the build begins.
BAP
Alt pully
belts
ribbed idler pully
water return tube (runs under the intake)

Notice I didn't mentoin a COT... Why? Because I already have a fix and its not Kelly's COT delete kit.

Stay tuned! :)

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Are you using the stiff silicone hoses for the cot like they use in the tork tech kit?

Nope, I fabricated my own COT delete that will not interfere with the S/C at all. I wanted to do Kelly's (Modularspeed) kit and call it a day, but I figured I could fabricate something that accepts larger I.D. hose, retain the stock t-stat location, keep the t-stat bypass, and still have a high spot to "burp" the system. I will post up some pics in a few days so you can critique.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
WOW Travis. I was wondering if you'd ever come over to the world of boost. Look forward to seeing and reading about your build.

I can not believe how long that Trilogy was for sale. Crazy long and a heck of a deal.

I think its safe to say I've gone as far as I can being N/A with a 100% stock longblock. Most of my existing N/A mods will complement the S/C system so I should easily get to 440~450HP.

Indeed it did take a long time to get the Trilogy sold. Those guys were too skeerd to fabricate the rest of the parts to complete the kit. It's kinda weird but I think it was meant for me. Last year I put a Kenne Bell (Mach1) kit on layaway through MMR, when I made the last payment earlier this Summer I got an email stating "KB discontinued the kit" and they would have to issue a refund. I got desperate and started looking for Eaton parts, then finally found the Trilogy. I would have perfered a twin screw but with my stock block the roots S/C should still make good power.

Congrats to you Travis.

I never would believe I'd see the day. That was a deal of the century just waiting for a wrench like you to pick it up.

The best part of this is you posting and excited about your car again.

I don't understand how "you never would believe you'd see the day". I like power just as much as anyone else.

I'm also not sure you want to start calling me a wrench, that might inflame Yolandy and make him feel a little uncomfortable. What do I know? I'm N/A and just too stupid to understand anything mechanical because I've never had anything with boost so I may need him to school me. LOL!

I know I'm starting with a healthy engine, its been well taken care of since day 1. Regardless, I've already done a compression test on all cylinders, and a full leak down test. Hmmmm... Did'nt have to have a boosted car to know that.

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011
I don't understand how "you never would believe you'd see the day". I like power just as much as anyone else.

I'm also not sure you want to start calling me a wrench, that might inflame Yolandy and make him feel a little uncomfortable. What do I know? I'm N/A and just too stupid to understand anything mechanical because I've never had anything with boost so I may need him to school me. LOL!

I know I'm starting with a healthy engine, its been well taken care of since day 1. Regardless, I've already done a compression test on all cylinders, and a full leak down test. Hmmmm... Did'nt have to have a boosted car to know that.

I'm stunned by your response... I thought we were better than that... Good luck.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
MMBLUE said:
"Travis is a big boy and he can take care of himself"

Get inline being stunned...... Been there done that...... Now you know how I felt......

You sat there silent as Yolandy threw all those bombastic comments at me and said NOTHING. When other members called BS on his allegations you got belligerent with them and had the thread locked.

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011
Get inline being stunned...... Been there done that...... Now you know how I felt......

You sat there silent as Yolandy threw all those bombastic comments at me and said NOTHING. When other members called BS on his allegations you got belligerent with them and had the thread locked.

The key to that was he thought it was you and found out it wasn't you and backed off. I immediately contacted him and told him that the person he was bashing wasn't you and he fixed it. You can tell by his responses that he realizes what he did and said was wrong and continues to take the high road by his recent post to you saying that "people make mistakes and good luck with the boost".

I will continue to take the high road on this topic.

If your pissed because of that, then I guess you didn't realize that I was working behind the scenes to straighten out the communication breakdown on the situation. I thought you knew me better than that. Good luck with the Hybrid TS and I know you'll be getting a shit load of smiles and giddish laughs because of it. Power is contageous.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
The key to that was he thought it was you and found out it wasn't you and backed off. I immediately contacted him and told him that the person he was bashing wasn't you and he fixed it. You can tell by his responses that he realizes what he did and said was wrong and continues to take the high road by his recent post to you saying that "people make mistakes and good luck with the boost".

I will continue to take the high road on this topic.

If your pissed because of that, then I guess you didn't realize that I was working behind the scenes to straighten out the communication breakdown on the situation. I thought you knew me better than that. Good luck with the Hybrid TS and I know you'll be getting a shit load of smiles and giddish laughs because of it. Power is contageous.

This is the last comment from me on this subject. I dont want to cloud my thread with unessarry bullshit.
Maybe you need to read your thread:
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/marauder-tech/123833-getting-blown-3.html

Yolandy clearly stated "he apologized to the guy he felt it was owed". His comment this morning about "people make mistakes" is clearly directed towards me, insinuating I made a mistake on your car and caused it to blow on the dyno. There was no high road taken from either of you. There were no apologies directed towards me publicly or in private.

I took the high road by not getting into an internet fight with either of you.

DONE!!!!

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
About the Trilogy. Too many people asking "what else is needed blah blah blah". "my engine has X-amount of miles will boost be ok blah blah blah".

For fuck sakes. Just buy the damn thing and worry about the other parts later.

They were skeeeeeerd for sure.

Look forward to your write up and pictures. You always wrote well thought out builds for the "masses" to understand.(Can't cater to the stupids)

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011
This is the last comment from me on this subject. I dont want to cloud my thread with unessarry bullshit.
Maybe you need to read your thread:
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/marauder-tech/123833-getting-blown-3.html

Yolandy clearly stated "he apologized to the guy he felt it was owed". His comment this morning about "people make mistakes" is clearly directed towards me, insinuating I made a mistake on your car and caused it to blow on the dyno. There was no high road taken from either of you. There were no apologies directed towards me publicly or in private.

I took the high road by not getting into an internet fight with either of you.

DONE!!!!

I guess you don't recognize that I CONSTANTLY go to bat for you. So, like you said" Travis is a big boy and can take care of himself" No more support from me. You are right" I guess this is ALL sensless Bullshit.

Have fun with your Bullshit.:gives:

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
It took forever to sell because it was way overpriced for what you were getting.
$1600 for a drivers side inlet M112 was insane. That's approaching 2.3 Whipple territory.
All so everyone could suck you off because IT'S A TRILOGY!!!!111!!!

That rant aside, good luck with it and good on you for giving the finger to the nut swingers and shit talkers.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
It took forever to sell because it was way overpriced for what you were getting.
$1600 for a drivers side inlet M112 was insane. That's approaching 2.3 Whipple territory.
All so everyone could suck you off because IT'S A TRILOGY!!!!111!!!

That rant aside, good luck with it and good on you for giving the finger to the nut swingers and shit talkers.

IDK, for an almost new blower the price wasn't too bad. I know for a fact this will be the best on the cheap Trilogy kit ever. An Eaton Swap runs between $3000.00~$4000.00 (not counting a tune). I'm a member on just about every modular forum on the net. With that said I've made ALOT of friends. When you have friends they dont mind passing parts along to you on the cheap.
Example: Derek (95SC) has been selling a ton of cobra parts for years. I must have sold atleast 80 sets of COP's for him. When I need a part for myself he makes sure I get a deal, sometimes he tells me to just pay for shipping. You cant beat a good barter!
So far even with the $1600.00 Trilogy I will be at a cost LESS than an Eaton Swap. So far I'm out of $2700.00 all I need is a BAP, SC belts, pullys, water return tube, and a set of intake gaskets.

P.S. I never walk away from a good fight. ;)

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Travis You mentioned Hotford upgraded to a Trilogy T/S? I thought he went rt side inlet "2.3 Whipple"

According to his sig on MM.Net he's got a Trilogy TS I think he may have made Jerry Barnes an offer he couldn't refuse and got the T/S. I think thats why the unit I got (when he originally posted the for sale ad) didn't have an intake plenum, because it was swapped over to the T/S

I can ask him if he has a Whipple but I dont think so

EDIT: I checked the original for sale ad and he does not have a Whipple. Magnuson made the Trilogy TS and thats what he has for sure. LOL! Check out Natehawk and Defyant's first remarks thinking it was a TS for sale

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78317

DRAMA HOLY fACK..............
$1600 for a drivers side inlet M112 was insane.
Over priced my ass!!!!
Like I told travis if it didn't sell I would be using it for a door stop!!
this was a great deal....Thanks Travis you were the only smart one out of hundreds that couldn't see what it was......... maybe most MM owner are just TIGHT ASSES!!!!
Sure I guess you could go the eaton swap route, but this was for someone that wanted to keep the D/S inlet and wanting a TRILOGY unit, not for every one I guess.

My MM has a whipple gear case(gen 1), jerry barnes had the last T/S upgrade items that required but the gear case which I went with Whipple as the Lysholm units are identical.
jerry supplied the mid plate, snout, adaptor plate for rear inlet, new rear inlet for external by-pass and by-pass valve.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info