• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Trilogy #251??????

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Oh stop.... :)

I'm stuck right now waiting for the last parts to come from CNC for my COT delete. They should be completed and shipped by the end of this week as soon as I get them the build is back on.

In the interim, I'm in the process of making a throttle cable bracket for the Trilogy. :)

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
My hose manifold finally showed up from CNC :)

I plan on keeping the stock lower tstat location. This manifold allows me to route the upper radiator hose, tstat bypass hose, and two 3/4" barbed fittings for both cylinder heads.

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

This is how I plan on burping the system. 5/8" hose to a tall funnel. The barbed fitting is removed after burping the system, a flush (allen head) plug is installed in its place.

IMG_0838.jpg

My fittings have a left right orientation. I want the PS hose to route as low as possible. I want the DS hose to become the high spot in the system (no need to jack up the front end to burp the system). The air gap is installed on the DS.

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
I appreciate ingenuity but I know you lost your ass $$$ wise.
I'm well under the cost for an ES

Why didnt you just buy the kit?
Because I didn't want to spend the cash on it

And why do you use so much solder! You need about 1/4" of solder to seal the fitting to the freeze plug. LOL
Because I dont want to just seal the fitting, I want to add structural integrity to it. I may have to swap a sensor one day and it wont be an issue for me. You can put as much pressure you want on my fittings they wont come apart. It costs me more but I've never had any issues with any of my fittings

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
looks good will make easy to understand when we get pics

Here you go.

This is my previous setup, Evenflow cooling mod with 5/8" hose routed to the COT
IMG_0839.jpg

After the tear down
IMG_0847.jpg

COT delete fittings and Cobra lower intake installed (after grinding down the knock sensor bosses and swapping the heater core return tube)
IMG_0849.jpg

Top view of the new water manifold
IMG_0854.jpg

Side view
IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

I plan on using the stock heater core inlet (metal hose on the PS) as a return back for the IC reservoir.
IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

Installed my 5/8" cooling mod. No clearance issues whatsoever :)
IMG_0861.jpg

DS cooling mod fitting
IMG_0862.jpg

I will finish routing the output of the cooling mod to the heater core inlet (Siege's hose routing mod) after I install the wiper cowl. I already plumed the output of the heater core to the pipe that runs under the lower intake to the back of the water pump
IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

All done, gotta burp it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info