• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Trilogy #251??????

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
It sounds like you modified the Whipple for a DS inlet. Thats one of a kind if I'm reading it right. Bad ass!!!

On the Trilogy you sold, I didn't have any reserves about it at all. Like I said earlier, its in like new condition. BTW: your right this generation MM owner are cheap bastids

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
DRAMA HOLY fACK..............
It took forever to sell because it was way overpriced for what you were getting.
$1600 for a drivers side inlet M112 was insane.
Over priced my ass!!!!
Like I told travis if it didn't sell I would be using it for a door stop!!
this was a great deal....Thanks Travis you were the only smart one out of hundreds that couldn't see what it was......... maybe most MM owner are just TIGHT ASSES!!!!
Sure I guess you could go the eaton swap route, but this was for someone that wanted to keep the D/S inlet and wanting a TRILOGY unit, not for every one I guess.

My MM has a whipple gear case(gen 1), jerry barnes had the last T/S upgrade items that required but the gear case which I went with Whipple as the Lysholm units are identical.
jerry supplied the mid plate, snout, adaptor plate for rear inlet, new rear inlet for external by-pass and by-pass valve.

I knew you were hear! Figured you would clarify it for us.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
This is gonna sound CraZy, but I plan on doing this build and keep my MM active as a DD. I had a chance to get started fabricating some of the small stuff. Here's how I made my I/C reservoir bracket

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

These were easy to make, I used a piece of angled 1-1/2" aluminum stock and hit them with 2 coats primer, 3 coats semi gloss paint, then 2 coats of matte finish clear coat. I began by making a cardboard cut out of the fender contour, then transfer it to the aluminum stock
IMG_0722.jpg

To install the bracket you have to remove the mount for the shock that supports the hood with a 1/2" deep socket.

IMG_0721.jpg

Ya'll excuse the dust on my engine compartment, it will get a thourough cleaning after I'm done with the install. You will need to put a flat screwdriver through the slot to remove the shock

IMG_0723.jpg

Give it a pull and it comes right out

IMG_0724.jpg

Slide the bracket into place then reinstall the shock for the hood

IMG_0727.jpg

I made the mount so it has 3 points to bolt to the fender, this will keep the reservoir from vibrating while driving heres a pic with the reservoir inplace
IMG_0731.jpg

The short bracket I made goes under the reservoir to give it strength, soo it's a sandwich design. I didn't feel comfortable bolting directly to the bottom of the plastic unit.

Here is a side shot of the install

IMG_0733.jpg

I had a little extra time so I fabbed up some PCV lines out of 5/8" aluminum tubing, the ends are flared and my plan is to paint them black to blend into the engine compartment
IMG_0734.jpg

Now I have plenty of clearance for the top hose to connect to the reservoir

IMG_0736.jpg

Next in line is to get the heat exchanger installed and plum the pump

NATEHAWKMM

Mar 12, 2012
At the time when I got my badge less done I didn't know if Zack was still making them. I thought he closed up shop on this mod. Here is a pic of mine that was done. Zack I don't want to hear your shit about my lights. They are bad ass lol.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1349562637.672762.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1349562637.672762.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 127

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Before attempting to install the heat exchanger I had to make a horn relocate bracket. I used a piece of 1-1/4" aluminum flat stock (be sure to heat the aluminum with a torch before bending it). I decided to reuse the stock horn mount, all I had to do is flip the horns on the bracket to reverse the orientation
IMG_0744.jpg

Make sure the new bracket does not contact the evaporator core
IMG_0747.jpg

Now is also a good time to relocate the Ambient Temp sensor. Heres a shot of the tools needed. I always solder the connectors, crimp connectors have a high fail rate

IMG_0749.jpg

Cut the wires to the sensor diffrent lengths so there is no chance of having a short
IMG_0748.jpg

A pair of helping hands is a good tool to have
IMG_0751.jpg

After the solder cools hit them with shrink tape and a heat gun. Last wrap them in wire loom and secure the harness to the car with tywraps

IMG_0755.jpg

Now all thats done I can get the heat exchanger fabbed up. I used some 1-1/2" angled aluminum stock and some leftover 5/8" SS pipe. I want to use materials that even if the paint chips rust wont be an issue down the road.

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

For the bottom mounts I had to break out the Dewalt close quater drill. This came in very handy for getting holes drilled in tight spots

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

Here is a shot of the stud inplace
IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

Intercooler pump install is next.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
The ambient temp sensor was relocated down below where the air diverter is located. Here is a shot of the new mount for the sensor. I used a nut from a brass 3/8" NPT connector
IMG_0781.jpg

It bolts through the center piece of hardware on the diverter. I added some weatherstripping to the back side of the diverter to seal the gap thats created by adding the bracket.
IMG_0785.jpg

Here is the sensor inplace
IMG_0787.jpg

Before you install the water pump its a good idea to extend the wire harness to the proper length.
IMG_0775.jpg

I did'nt use the SS sheet metal screws included with the I/C kit from frozenboost.com. I drilled it out and installed nuts with plastic inserts and bolts to keep the hardware from vibrating loose.
IMG_0766.jpg

Here's the pump installed. It wasn't tightened down when I took this pic.
IMG_0776.jpg

Wire harness installed
IMG_0779.jpg

Here is the relay I'm using for the pump. I picked it up from a local 4x4 shop, it's waterproof on both ends (wireharness and relay housing)
IMG_0792.jpg

My MM is now ready for this weeks commute to work.
Up next will be the FP swap and COT delete

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Using Terry's brackets the paper he sent me said he used a 100" belt for the accessories was getting a squealing sound. Went to a 99" belt, everything sounds good so you may want to go that route then. I use Goodyear gatorback belts.

I ordered both 100" and 99" just incase I have an issues with squealing. Not going with the Gatorback, I'm using the NAPA heavyduty green belt

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
My S/C made its trip across the boarder. It was delivered earlier this week. :jg:
IMG_0794.jpg

The rotors are in perfect condition and show no signs of wear. A little cleaning and the supercharger looks like new money
IMG_0806.jpg

I have all my parts ordered and most arrived but some are taking a little longer than expected, so I'm limited on what I can get done. I went ahead and started with modifying the I/C flange for the Trilogy adapter plate.
The easiest way to do this is to install the bolts that do line up then transfer the hole pattern to the I/C flange
IMG_0803.jpg

I used my Daughter's paint kit to mark the bolt patern to the I/C flange
IMG_0804.jpg

This is what it looks like after drilling all the holes out
IMG_0805.jpg

One thing I didn't have to do was drill the adapter plate for an IAT sensor. This is a revision Trilogy made years after making the mistake of leaving it in the stock Marauder MAF.
While I was at it I soldered the brass fittings for the boost guage and FRPS mod
IMG_0816.jpg

Got everything together for the assembly. I sourced the exact same hardware Trilogy used in their kit.
IMG_0814.jpg

Here it is ready to go
IMG_0807.jpg

I went ahead and finished wiring the relay for the I/C pump. Here's where I put the weatherproof relay
IMG_0818.jpg

I'm headed out to get a start on the fuel system. I'm removing my SVT focus pump and replacing it with a single GT supercar pump and a 40amp BAP with an upgraded +12V feed from the power distribution box. The Focus pump will probably work fine for this application, but I dont want any fuel related issues when I hit the dyno.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info