• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tremec 3550

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Rick knows his shit.

N-111 or N-91.......... BECAUSE RACE CAM! Cant wait to get the new motor together. I just want to drive my truck again and see everyones WTF face when I roll up to them next to a light. :noes:

I thought your car sounded amazing before, it should sound f****** awesome with the new setup. I will be :wackit: when I hear it.

blowerinabox

I have lots of things in boxes.
Apr 18, 2008
n-91 is barley streetable. The idle is rough and it spits out popcorn every second. I try to have it idling at 800RPM but people think the thing is going to die. Doesn't like being under 1900 at all. Fun to drive, great cam but I personally wouldn't go bigger if your car/truck is not a race car. I hope you have a 3.73 or bigger gear in the rear.

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
n-91 is barley streetable. The idle is rough and it spits out popcorn every second. I try to have it idling at 800RPM but people think the thing is going to die. Doesn't like being under 1900 at all. Fun to drive, great cam but I personally wouldn't go bigger if your car/truck is not a race car. I hope you have a 3.73 or bigger gear in the rear.

streetable is only a measurement of how much you are willing to put up with.

to some, a 5 speed isn't streetable.... to some, a Top Fuel dragster would be just over streetable.

for me, as long as it will keep running and not overheat, it's streetable.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
streetable is only a measurement of how much you are willing to put up with.

to some, a 5 speed isn't streetable.... to some, a Top Fuel dragster would be just over streetable.

for me, as long as it will keep running and not overheat, it's streetable.

A car that does not like being under 1900 RPM's is not considered a car with good street manners.

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
A car that does not like being under 1900 RPM's is not considered a car with good street manners.

that is a matter of your opinion.... some people might disagree. I for one would tend to agree with you if below 1900 RPM it stalls out all the time... if it is just a matter of a hard lumping idle and poor vacuum from 900-1800 and it stays running, I'd call it streetable.

It may be hard-ER to drive sensibly, but someone might still say it is "streetable"

really it is a subjective opinion.

I call my Mustang very streetable and even took it on Power Tour this year..... my friend Ken calls my Mustang unstreetable and suitable only for the track.

it really is a matter of how much you are willing to put up with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info