• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

transmission surging

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
When my car shifts into OD at low rpm my car and rpm will surg back and forth making my car jerk back and forth. Anyone got any ideas? is it possible to change the shift properties in HPT to change when the trans go into OD? Thanks for the help

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a mechanical issue to me, however for the time being i would just have it shift into 4th at a higher speed to keep the revs up. OR you can just change the TQ converter lock-up to 5mph higher than it is.

I would check your plugs, could be your problem :dunno:

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I changed the plugs today with no change in trans function. I will have to make those changes in hpt and check that site out. Heading to the track to try and hit a 12.9 or lower. Thanks, andy c.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
gl with the times, post up when you get back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom