3800 transmission problems........WTF!

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Driving home tonight I pulled into a drive way and reversed my car onto a street.

Goog luck, no DRIVE gear anymore. I though, "There is no way this is happening to me!"

No 3rd gear as well.......

ALL that is working on my car right now is Reverse, 2nd and 1st.... :angry: :angry:

This fucking trans is a little more then 1000 miles and a 1 1/2 months old!!!! :angry:

I paid 4 THOUSAND fucking dollars, no burnouts, no racing, no anything and this bitch is messing up on me!!!???? :blink: ;I have not had a damm day to even try it with dry roads outside. This trans has not even been pushed whatsoever. At all....nada...........zilch

ANy clue??????????????

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
It was more the rebuilt.....its Intenses full package deal......everything included. Not one part missing.

Maybe it has to do wiht the snow and the tires spining for a while....a protection mode if you willl......................

I doubt it though. At this point im hoping for any simple fix. :angry:

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I now have a stick shift.

The only way I can get it into 3rd and Drive is if I manually start at 2nd, shift to 3rd and shift to Drive.

When I get to a stop light though, I lose Drive and 3rd........I have to bring it back to 2nd gear to get going again.

Any clue what the problem could be? :( :blink: :ph34r:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If the TCC fuse is bad this can cause these symptoms, also the TPS/MAF/fron 02 sensor ground is on the same circuit. If one of those is bad, it will hold in gear and not shift until you do it manually, or let off and get back into it. Those are the 2 electrical offhand I know of. IF you are throwing a code for intermittent MAF or TPS voltage this would be worth it to check.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
If in neutral, does it inguage into gear when you shift into drive. Or is it like another neutral?

I ask cause I was thinking it could be the trans linkage selector wasnt set correctly or shipped out of adjustment.

Not 100% on that. However im confident that its a valve body issue and your trans may not have to come back down.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
No codes upon initial start up.

Drove the car around the block a little as described earlier.

Then the 2nd gear shift thing was not working anymore and it seemed as if the trans could not find the gear no matter what gear I was in.......Reverse is good though. When it did engage it was rough and the car would jolt....very hard to keep in gear now.

Rescaned when I got back to my house and got this now:

P0502 Vehicle Speed Sensor Low Input

Does this help any?

Could it be the speed recalibrator unit messing up w my 3.29 gearing?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
What part of "Contact INTENSE first" did you not understand?? :lolsign:

Id think that the speed sensor would fuck with the speedometer, but it may have an effect on the trans as well. Then again, what does the speed sensor have to do with the trans not going in gear??

Emailing Scott right now would be your best bet.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by Fish@Jan 23 2005, 06:03 PM
What part of "Contact INTENSE first" did you not understand?? :lolsign:

Id think that the speed sensor would fuck with the speedometer, but it may have an effect on the trans as well. Then again, what does the speed sensor have to do with the trans not going in gear??

Emailing Scott right now would be your best bet.
[snapback]68608[/snapback]​

Not busting balls but the answer is does matter. However, get them on the phone. You dont want to chance voiding the warrenty.

Im wondering about the reluctor. But if the car ran well for 1K it seems not.

After you contact them. You may want to try re-booting the PCM. Check all you electrical connections first...Look for melted wires ect...

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jan 23 2005, 10:29 PM
I contacted them by phone and email a long time ago!  Relax...

They dont work on weekends. :(

Im just trying to figure things out myself for now......hoping I dont have to tow the car 350 miles......
[snapback]68620[/snapback]​

Royal,

I believe if the VSS does go out it will cause shifting problems, etc.

You should check to see if it came loose or something. I heard its pretty easy to replace.

Good luck with everything,

Joel

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
So they are telling me I should pay to get it pulled! :blink:

Yeah, that would be great but it is a month old...950 miles on it!

I would understand if a part that they did not update/redo broke, but what if it is the reluctor wheel/TC/gears/ETC, they installed?

I should pay to fix thier mistake?

Oh, great they will send me the part which cost them about 40 % of what it is marked on the net...yeah. HOw about paying the 350 to pull the trans?!!!! :angry:

Bullshit. For $4150 dollars I should at least get that. I could maybe understand if I was out of warrenty, but a month for a trans like this?

I hope some fool does not drive out of thier parking lot after the install and his shit F'S UP.....then hed have to pay them to pull it and see....... :lolsign: :angry:

Bait and Switch.........Highway robery to me............

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Thats what they did..find me a local shop.......

Then I found out that they will only pay for parts....

No we are playing phone tag every 10 minutes..........Still have not talked to scott and big jeff is on vacation........

Sorry for your problems and good luck....ahaaha.... :angry:

I should have just went to vegas with the 4k! :lolsign: <_< :angry:
....soon to be 5k or so most likely... :angry:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info