3800 transmission problems........WTF!

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by beyerch@Jan 31 2005, 09:50 PM
they rebiuld everything but left in 93K miles bands .... bullshit.

I doubt they would not have replaced those.....
[snapback]69798[/snapback]​

That's the first thing I thought too, but then John said an independant trans shop (not intense) diagnosed it and said the bands were bad :confused:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Sounds like some corners were cut. Which kind of surprises me. Trans rebuild kits are actually pretty inexpensive. Granted a FWD trans may be a little more money, but last time I bought a rebuild kit from Dupage transmission for a Turbo 350 (clutches, bands, bearings) it was $60.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

On a RWD trans bands are no so important, not sure on their function on out FWD app. On a race build for my drag car with the 400 and 350 turbo trannies, I didn't even use the bands in there. They just cost HP in the old turbo trans, but the car wouldn't have any engine braking w/o them. Probably a completely different animal.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Feb 1 2005, 09:12 AM
They say they do not replace everything, but bands  sound like something that should be replaced.  Kinda like cltuches which were replaced, no?
[snapback]69862[/snapback]​

The strange thing is that Allowencer from CGP said the bands that broke (1-2) are only used when shifting the car manually (not using D) and seems to think it wouldn't cause the problems John's seeing....this is starting to give me a headache :confused: :confused:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info