3800 transmission problems........WTF!

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Zoomer, didnt JET pay you to redo the trans you put in a while back?

I thought he paid you $1400 or so?

Jet was the reason I did not go to you and I was mislead buy going to intense because of all the magical things I heard about them. Now I found out most people where silenced by them, which is illegal if they really did void thier warrenty for talking bad about it. :ph34r:

Next time, I will buy locally and install locally.....I bet they would be paying for and fixing my trans for free.....hell for 4100, they would have gotten me drunk that night as well...

I though Intense would have some morals and ethics and realize, regaurdless of thier stated claims, that something is wrong with spending $4150 dollars on a trans and lasting 900 miles/28 days..!! :angry:

The told me the amount of $$$$ does not matter, the miles nor the date......they will only pay for the parts that they installed and broke....NOTHING ELSE!! :angry:

He even told me, "Hey if our part took out another gm part, we may even pay for that, but will see when we get there." <_< :angry:

That sounds great for all the money I paid.....

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
scmike us just like whitcav chick he is an attention whore looking to get a rise out of every situation he can.

Third gear was a pcm issue with dhp that has now been fixed. Its called torque management.

Mike K didn't put words in your mouth he just quoted what you said in an earlier post. Put down the Vodka its getting to your head.

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by gtphale@Jan 28 2005, 03:59 PM
scmike us just like whitcav chick he is an attention whore looking to get a rise out of every situation he can.

Third gear was a pcm issue with dhp that has now been fixed. Its called torque management.

Mike K didn't put words in your mouth he just quoted what you said in an earlier post. Put down the Vodka its getting to your head.
[snapback]69314[/snapback]​

sorry i didnt know my car doesnt make as much torque as yours :rolleyes: cos my pcm is fine

and as far as vodka goes. it's still much better than inhaling Co2.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by gtphale+Jan 27 2005, 11:46 PM-->
Mine also has over 20k on the rebuild and the reason I'm having problems isn't the cya rebuild its the trans cooler that was installed on it back in 98. Hose clamp came undone and I lost fluid. See there you go running your mouth again without knowing what the hell your talking about.
[snapback]69179[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by superchargedgp@Jan 28 2005, 12:20 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-gtphale
@Jan 27 2005, 11:46 PM
Mine also has over 20k on the rebuild and the reason I'm having problems isn't the cya rebuild its the trans cooler that was installed on it back in 98. Hose clamp came undone and I lost fluid. See there you go running your mouth again without knowing what the hell your talking about.

what about your 3rd gear ?

what about joe and johnny both getting fucked by miker?

or am i running my mouth again.

i never had a problem with you but recently something crawled up your ass and died. if you wanna be a dick continue to do so. cos your opinion means shit to me
[snapback]69186[/snapback]​

My c-ya tranny is still ticking. It gets a 15psi(belt slipping) as beating offen and it still has the S-10 TCer. I believe alot of MIKERS problems came from the VBs. I had him put a new GM one in. I believe he started doing that anyway cause J/O had a VB related failure in the fluid pressure regulater.

When you increase the pressure, any clearence probs/wear you have from the hardened plunger in the soft aluminum VB housing will be predisposed to blow by effecting your pressure.

Anyway, I think they are liable. I dont post on the CGP site. But I thought they were turning over a new leaf.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by rob+Jan 28 2005, 09:42 PM-->
Originally posted by gtphale@Jan 27 2005, 11:46 PM

Originally posted by superchargedgp@Jan 28 2005, 12:20 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-gtphale
@Jan 27 2005, 11:46 PM

what about your 3rd gear ?

what about joe and johnny both getting fucked by miker?

or am i running my mouth again.

i never had a problem with you but recently something crawled up your ass and died. if you wanna be a dick continue to do so. cos your opinion means shit to me
[snapback]69186[/snapback]​

My c-ya tranny is still ticking. It gets a 15psi(belt slipping) as beating offen and it still has the S-10 TCer. I believe alot of MIKERS problems came from the VBs. I had him put a new GM one in. I believe he started doing that anyway cause J/O had a VB related failure in the fluid pressure regulater.

When you increase the pressure, any clearence probs/wear you have from the hardened plunger in the soft aluminum VB housing will be predisposed to blow by effecting your pressure.

Anyway, I think they are liable. I dont post on the CGP site. But I thought they were turning over a new leaf.
[snapback]69353[/snapback]​
[/b]
My T/Convertor took out the valve body!!!!!!!!!1 The valve body was just like yours! which in turn took out some clutchs....BTW, there were a millon things wrong with the fckn trans, not just those 2 things! And who knows how long this one will last.. :angry: :angry: :angry:

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
My T/Convertor took out the valve body!!!!!!!!!1 The valve body was just like yours! which in turn took out some clutchs....BTW, there were a millon things wrong with the fckn trans, not just those 2 things! And who knows how long this one will last.. :angry: :angry: :angry:
[snapback]69417[/snapback]​
[/quote]

That blows. Well if it goes it goes. I will get all the new clutches and new SINGLE chain. Take it out and have it done locally. Turbo Terry.

I do want to put the stock TC back in it though. Or a new one. Maybe a light weight one. If I can get a good deal on it.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
[snapback]69417[/snapback]​

That blows. Well if it goes it goes. I will get all the new clutches and new SINGLE chain. Take it out and have it done locally. Turbo Terry.

I do want to put the stock TC back in it though. Or a new one. Maybe a light weight one. If I can get a good deal on it.
[snapback]69452[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Rob, the 245mm converters that Intense, ZZP, and us sell are all lighter weight and proven to work. As well as being lighter weight, the weight is closer to the center resulting in a shorter torque arm and less "Shock" on the transmission during shifts. The stock converter is a weak point on a built car.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by joeyboy777+Jan 28 2005, 08:59 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Jan 27 2005, 07:20 PM
LPSPEED.

Seriously. I havent heard anything bad. Then again, there are 2 cars that I know of and one has been down since it was installed. So time will tell.
[snapback]69147[/snapback]​

I have LPSPEEDS tranny, I have nothing bad to say. The only issue was the gearing question that may be resolved by now. Hopefully Al has all the facts. It is definately Way easier than driving out to a shop in Ohio or MI, IMO. If they need to run your car for a few days, make sure everything is going fine... looks good to me. I received good service from al.

As for the kids playing above.... boys will be boys.... Supercharged, ygpm, did you paint all your engine components? Looks good,

Mike K, thanks for the kit, Im getting the gaskets from intense. They have a $10 off coupon if you are registered on 3800 tech .com, Im Not affiliated, just telling of a coupon in case you need someting from intense

Joe A
[snapback]69227[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thats why I said 2. You and syP are the only ones I know with his tranny and so far havent heard anything bad. Cept that they dont know how GTPs dont have 3:29 gears. :lolsign:

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
So I have a bad 1-2 band and a few bad drums......coasting and overdrive I believe.........

Bill is around 350 to pull and install
85 for towing
1-2 hours to put together.

Gunna cost me around 500 or so....

Anyway, as I have said b4 on clubGP, I could see me paying for a non intense part failure that they did not put in.

What I was most upset about, which turned out not to happen, was if THIER product went bad in such a short time w/ no abuse.......regaurdless of thier warrenty statements.....

I was getting pissed for then saying that if thier IS failed for example, they would not pay to pull the trans....yes, I know about their warrenty, but the amount of money I paid and duration of the trans just do not add up.....

SO, Intense is paying for the GM parts to fix in the trans and shipping them to the trans shop. No, they do not under thier warrenty have to pay for that but they are. Thank You. :) I told Scott that they do not have to send them if it was a big problem and he said he stands behind his word and they will ship out today.

Overall, Scott and I both are angry about different things. My only complaint from the begining was him saying that if it was thier part they were not going to pay labor. I told him and typed on clubgp that a non Intense part I understand, but........ if it was their part they should pay.

Now, Scott is upset with me for posting and possibly misleading people about their parts/products. Again, I was pissed at thier statements and claims and the amount of money I dished out. I said if it was GM part Id understand what he was saying.

Business is Business.
Sometimes the customer gets screwed, sometimes the business, sometimes both.

PS: I just found out about my car in the last 10 minutes.......I did not find out about my car and keep typing shit as claimed by some. The Trans shop did not call me SAT. Funny how I found out about my car over the internet from someone I do not know. :blink:

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jan 31 2005, 01:22 PM
So I have a bad 1-2 band and a few bad drums......coasting and overdrive I believe.........

Bill is around 350 to pull and install
85 for towing
1-2 hours to put together.

Gunna cost me around 500 or so....

Anyway, as I have said b4 on clubGP, I could see me paying for a non intense part failure that they did not put in.

What I was most upset about, which turned out not to happen, was if THIER product went bad in such a short time w/ no abuse.......regaurdless of thier warrenty statements.....

I was getting pissed for then saying that if thier IS failed for example, they would not pay to pull the trans....yes, I know about their warrenty, but the amount of money I paid and duration of the trans just do not add up.....

SO, Intense is paying for the GM parts to fix in the trans and shipping them to the trans shop.  No, they do not under thier warrenty have to pay for that but they are.  Thank You. :)  I told Scott that they do not have to send them if it was a big problem and he said he stands behind his word and they will ship out today.

Overall, Scott and I both are angry about different things.  My only complaint from the begining was him saying that if it was thier part they were not going to pay labor.  I told him and typed on clubgp that a non Intense part I understand, but........ if it was their part they should pay.

Now, Scott is upset with me for posting and possibly misleading people about their parts/products.  Again, I was pissed at thier statements and claims and the amount of money I dished out.  I said if it was GM part Id understand what he was saying.

Business is Business. 
Sometimes the customer gets screwed, sometimes the business, sometimes both.

PS:  I just found out about my car in the last 10 minutes.......I did not find out about my car and keep typing shit as claimed by some.  The Trans shop did not call me SAT.  Funny how I found out about my car over the internet from someone I do not know. :blink:
[snapback]69719[/snapback]​

i saw your car as they were pushing it out of the shop i live down the street from universal. so i guess they were working on it in the AM

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info