3800 transmission problems........WTF!

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
OH oh directly off their site:

We can even do before and after dyno tests, and if we don't deliver the horsepower we promise, we'll remove the mods and refund your money.

You should ask them to dyno test it right now...then get your money back.......

But seriously....you are covered....also directly from their site:

The warranty provides for a replacement product or refund only, and does not cover labor or any other costs. Purchaser and Installer assume all liability with regard to any and all damages in any way related to the purchase, installation and/or use of these products.

Intense is the installer, they assume all liability. If they wont back that, then tell them to remove it from their site.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
I love that this came out you don't know how many trannies have failed and they have hiden it. Like a tranny that went cause of the diff. Oh sorry he said it was a head problem. Intense is really going down the shitter lately. So glad that I don't need any trans work done and the car is staying stock.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Hale, I agree with you. This is stupid. Scott has talked to me and said they stand strong behind thier PARTS ONLY CLAUSE.......

All they are doing for me is parts...yeah.... <_<

To tell the truth, I though a lot more about Intense b4 all this happened. First of all, I never expected thier trans to break this fast, and second, if it did, I thought they would fix it.

Obviously not. :angry:

Stay away from intense transmission and thier big shiney new store which was paid for with the hard earned money from people like myself.

I hope my 4k went really far in thier Turbo car and its nice, new, big garage.... :angry: <_<

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by gtphale@Jan 27 2005, 05:34 PM
I love that this came out you don't know how many trannies have failed and they have hiden it. Like a tranny that went cause of the diff. Oh sorry he said it was a head problem. Intense is really going down the shitter lately. So glad that I don't need any trans work done and the car is staying stock.
[snapback]69130[/snapback]​

at least they fixed it for me. I didnt get ass fucked like you did by your best friend MIKER
:lolsign:

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Did you entirely miss my post. They are liable because they installed it. One of my friends had to get a transmission rebuilt for his buick. Took it the the place, and there were problems when he got it back. He ended up going through 3 transmissions and 6 different visits to the shop. It cost him nothing after the first one, because a shop is liable for their installs. If Intense wants to be strictly retail, then they can, but they arent. The offer installs, which makes them a shop. You got work done at that shop. The work failed, they are liable to fix it. Tell them they are covering the cost of labor. If you cant get it covered, even though they even say, in writing, that they are liable. Then there is another option:

http://bbbtest.e-asp.net/(iyfqmj45eclz3f45...Default.aspx#do

The complaint alleges a problem experienced with the services or products that the company provided or agreed to provide

Dont keep wasting YOUR money.

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
Originally posted by superchargedgp+Jan 27 2005, 07:10 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-gtphale
@Jan 27 2005, 05:34 PM
[snapback]69130[/snapback]​

at least they fixed it for me. I didnt get ass fucked like you did by your best friend MIKER
:lolsign:
[snapback]69145[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yeah but hale fixed it himself. :lolsign:

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Mine also has over 20k on the rebuild and the reason I'm having problems isn't the cya rebuild its the trans cooler that was installed on it back in 98. Hose clamp came undone and I lost fluid. See there you go running your mouth again without knowing what the hell your talking about.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jan 27 2005, 07:16 PM
Honestly, where are people supose to turn to for transmissions? 

Thrasher...no
Intense...no
zzp.......no

Too many problems with all of them.....
[snapback]69146[/snapback]​
Never get a transmission built far away from where you live. Ed and you are the two prime examples. The simple fact is that no matter how good the builder, transmissions are all different and are made up of hundreds of small parts, some of which are not standard replacement parts that may end up being bad.

We built a transmission for my friend's SHO, installed it, and then broke the input shaft 1000 miles later. An input shaft isn't a common failure on a SHO so it was completely unexpected, but it was all covered. We also built a transmission for another SHO that was pulled 3 times before we could get it to shift right. Then there are the other cars that were in and out and have never experienced a problem.

The issue at hand is that no matter what smoke these guys want to blow up your ass, rebuilding a transmission is not rocket science. Any local ATRA certified shop can take care of you and do a good job. Ideally, one would purchase the parts that we, Intense, and ZZP sell and have them installed locally. The parts themselves are tested leaving all room for error in the mechanic's hands.

Don't sell the car; get what you paid for and have some fun with it. :)

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by gtphale@Jan 27 2005, 11:46 PM
Mine also has over 20k on the rebuild and the reason I'm having problems isn't the cya rebuild its the trans cooler that was installed on it back in 98. Hose clamp came undone and I lost fluid. See there you go running your mouth again without knowing what the hell your talking about.
[snapback]69179[/snapback]​

what about your 3rd gear ?

what about joe and johnny both getting fucked by miker?

or am i running my mouth again.

i never had a problem with you but recently something crawled up your ass and died. if you wanna be a dick continue to do so. cos your opinion means shit to me

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K+Jan 28 2005, 12:28 AM-->
You've had a pinecone up your ass since day one...  Why don't you follow your own advice?  I took the liberty of posting it in case you forgot.

<!--QuoteBegin-superchargedgp
@Jan 28 2005, 12:20 AM
i be more than happy to go to clubgp

and leave this shit club behind.
[snapback]69187[/snapback]​
[/b]

who the fuck are you?

go make some more false claims

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by superchargedgp+Jan 28 2005, 12:37 AM-->
Originally posted by Mike K@Jan 28 2005, 12:34 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-superchargedgp
@Jan 28 2005, 12:32 AM
who the fuck are you?

go make some more false claims

Found that button... I'm good at making friends!!
[snapback]69189[/snapback]​

oh and i leave when i want to , go cry to john a little more.
[snapback]69191[/snapback]​
[/b]
Oh... I'm sorry. I thought leaving this "shit club" behind meant that you were actually leaving. What a cock tease!

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Originally posted by Fish@Jan 27 2005, 07:20 PM
LPSPEED.

Seriously. I havent heard anything bad. Then again, there are 2 cars that I know of and one has been down since it was installed. So time will tell.
[snapback]69147[/snapback]​

I have LPSPEEDS tranny, I have nothing bad to say. The only issue was the gearing question that may be resolved by now. Hopefully Al has all the facts. It is definately Way easier than driving out to a shop in Ohio or MI, IMO. If they need to run your car for a few days, make sure everything is going fine... looks good to me. I received good service from al.

As for the kids playing above.... boys will be boys.... Supercharged, ygpm, did you paint all your engine components? Looks good,

Mike K, thanks for the kit, Im getting the gaskets from intense. They have a $10 off coupon if you are registered on 3800 tech .com, Im Not affiliated, just telling of a coupon in case you need someting from intense

Joe A

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
Originally posted by superchargedgp+Jan 28 2005, 12:20 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-gtphale
@Jan 27 2005, 11:46 PM
[snapback]69179[/snapback]​

what about your 3rd gear ?

what about joe and johnny both getting fucked by miker?

or am i running my mouth again.

i never had a problem with you but recently something crawled up your ass and died. if you wanna be a dick continue to do so. cos your opinion means shit to me
[snapback]69186[/snapback]​
[/b]

I believe Mike that is what he thought it was, but ended up not being the problem. Right now his car is running just fine. Joe and J/O are another issue, don't think hale wants to be involved since he isn't having the problem.

Nothing crawled up his ass and died just to let you know. I don't think hale had a real problem with you until people start talking about stuff that they truely don't know what they are talking about.

Edit: It is posts like this as to why Hale doesn't post somthing unless he feels the need to...OTHERWISE he doesn't post anymore, unless someone really needs help.

zooomer

Sep 30, 2008
Originally posted by Fish@Jan 28 2005, 12:13 AM
Its not just Intense, its ZZP as well. I say its time for all of us to buy shit from WBS.

ZZP does not and would not do this to our customer. You buy a trans from ZZP and it WILL be warranteed EXACTLY as listed on our web site. In the case of RoyalGTP he would have received nearly an identical trans from ZZP for about $1000 less and if it broke like his did we would be fixing it. Parts and labor. It's because of this that I don't appreciate being lumped into the don't buy from category.

We lose business when these kind of posts say "don't buy a trans from ZZP" But what's even worse is that guys on your own forum listen and pay $4150 for a non warranteed trans from intense when he could have spent $1000 less and been warranteed from ZZP. I would feel pretty guilty being some of you guys that have spoken out against ZZP and pro intense for trannies because you are partly responsible for the pumping Royal took here. That's my 2 cents...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by zooomer+Jan 28 2005, 10:06 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Jan 28 2005, 12:13 AM
Its not just Intense, its ZZP as well. I say its time for all of us to buy shit from WBS.

ZZP does not and would not do this to our customer. You buy a trans from ZZP and it WILL be warranteed EXACTLY as listed on our web site. In the case of RoyalGTP he would have received nearly an identical trans from ZZP for about $1000 less and if it broke like his did we would be fixing it. Parts and labor. It's because of this that I don't appreciate being lumped into the don't buy from category.

We lose business when these kind of posts say "don't buy a trans from ZZP" But what's even worse is that guys on your own forum listen and pay $4150 for a non warranteed trans from intense when he could have spent $1000 less and been warranteed from ZZP. I would feel pretty guilty being some of you guys that have spoken out against ZZP and pro intense for trannies because you are partly responsible for the pumping Royal took here. That's my 2 cents...
[snapback]69253[/snapback]​
[/b]
I agree with Zooomer. There is no reason they should lose business because of another companies downfalls. With that said, I think every company has had some "shit" products and every company is going to have problems. It's how you take care of the problems that forges your customer's opinions of you. If you show your customers that you're willing to bend over backwords to help them, you'll be in business for a long time.

As for the soap opera, eh. It's just ribbing without smilies. I can't help it if Mike took me seriously. :lol: :ph34r:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by zooomer+Jan 28 2005, 10:06 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Jan 28 2005, 12:13 AM

[snapback]69253[/snapback]​
[/b]
Don't worry, if I can't make the parts myself, I go to people like you that can. You can take that for what it's worth.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info