• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Trans work

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
So I need a few things installed, a little refresher on a couple items, but not like some major overhaul... Dave @ TEP said he wont do anything less than a 1700+ overhaul cause he puts a warranty on them, so he wont do piece-work

anyone have any leads to people local or relatively close, midwest, that can do trans work, like clutch packs and solenoids etc?

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Reaction score
The guy I bought it from said ZZP will do just clutches for 500... but fuck ZZP.

I'm really thinking of bucking up and having james do it kevin...

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
:hsugh:

Trans work is a little different then engine work. But hey, never know till you try.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Reaction score
yeah he has done them before. The only problem is that the facilities need to be slightly modified to make the job a lot easier.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Phatride dudes, he did his own trans on a (soon to be) 500whp setup... just sayin... I'm taking both my cars to him when the time comes. :smile:

EDIT: i forgot :nutz:

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
transmissions arent rocket surgery, they take care and deliberation that i cant do without a clean garage, decent bench/wetbench and a modified engine stand i just dont want any issues where it has to come out again....

besides i <3 the 80e

C

CurlysGTP

Ricky had his trans re-freshened up by a gm tech didnt charge much either his name is bruce i can try to find the # if you'd like.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom