• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

trans sliping question

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
about a month ago I noticed that when at wot on the 1-2 shift it slips then hits hard in to 2nd is this my trans going out or is this a shift selonoid problem or somthing els I also noticed when taking off hard that the brake light comes on what is that about.

I

imported_GraFFix

Most of the time its just worn clutches when that starts happening. Either way its not an easy fix...the selonoid is inside the trans anways. :(

Im not sure about the brake light issue...

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
The brake issue is probably being low on brake fluid (normal due to break pads wearing so more fluid is needed to apply brakes). When you accelerate the fluid moves and the sensor assumes your low(er) on fluid then you are.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
good call on the break fluid I dident evean think of that, sucks on the trans but I figured a race trans was on the way soon anyway

brett

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
BRETT IT IS THE INTENSE PCM aaron brown is having the same problem

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I have a power tuner, I am running a slightly changed dhp 1.5 bin, also it only dose it on the 1-2 shift not the 2-3 shift, but I did have the same problem at the start of the year when I was running the intense pcm, only it hapened at all shift points and it would bounce the revlimiter then shift to the next gear, now it just slips for a few seconds than hits 2nd

brett

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom