• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Trans question

G_T_P

Reaction score
Alright so i ordered my TEP trans with a 3.29 gear and i was wondering if the pcm had to be tuned in order for the 3.29 gear. I could swear it has to be but im still a 3800 NOOB! (I ADMIT IT!). So i need the knowledge from the older guys lol.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Two ways to go about it, correct it in the PCM, or there are different reluctor gears that can be swapped in. PCM is much easier.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Two ways to go about it, correct it in the PCM, or there are different reluctor gears that can be swapped in. PCM is much easier.
This.

Back in the day people opted for the reluctor wheel since tuners were not that common. Now a days, just get it done VIA PCM. Get a tune too.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
hpt takes like 2 seconds to change gear, done and done. Except it costs $

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
I can, but like i said, costs $ you might as well get a tune and everything while we're at it.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
2x the :nutz: 3x the :amsoil:

G_T_P

Reaction score
I can, but like i said, costs $ you might as well get a tune and everything while we're at it.
when i have the money for the tune ill get it but for now i need the gear switched. Tell me a price for the gear switched and the tune and well see

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
when i have the money for the tune ill get it but for now i need the gear switched. Tell me a price for the gear switched and the tune and well see
you just dropped 2k+ for a trans and whatelse but you dont have money for a tune??? wtf

not only that but just to get over there and meet up etc etc to change gears, you might as well make a day/afternoon out of it and let the man tune your car :bigthumb:

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
As i said though, it's the same price, either way i have to license your car to change the gears. Maybe you can find someone with a powertuner to change your gears :dunno:

G_T_P

Reaction score
As i said though, it's the same price, either way i have to license your car to change the gears. Maybe you can find someone with a powertuner to change your gears :dunno:
and how much does this run me? i wasted enough money on the trans whats a little bit more right fuck it haha

TraptPatriot

Reaction score
and how much does this run me? i wasted enough money on the trans whats a little bit more right fuck it haha
$100 is the normal price of a slot in HPTuners.

Speaking of this topic, does anyone have an HPTuners file for a transmission with 3.29 gears? I am also getting a trans with 3.29 gears. Yes, I have access to HPTuners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom