• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Trans + High boost

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
mikey you are going to be dropping an arm and leg into the car so you might as well do it right, either tko 500/600 or t56 is fine. Both have pros and cons which you could research. You said your stock trans is going out so its not worth much probably. Dont forget with your new combo you will need a whole new fuel system as well to support all your new power.

VENOMOUS98

Regular
May 30, 2004
The stock trans can handle about 450hp & no powershifting before it will take a crap. I think your best bet is to go with a T56 trans for three reasons. One, it can handle the power level that you looking to make with the car. Two, if you put a good size gear in it, you will have two overdrive gears to get better gas mileage & a lower cruising rpm. Three, you can get it easier used for a good price than a tko and they are easy to install in your car. I know, because I have one in my '98 Cobra and I love it alot. Especially with having a 4:56 rear gear and driving on the car on the highway.

Thanks,

Chris

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
What are the stock Transmission's limits?

I plan on shooting for between 550-650rwhp w/ a built bottom end.

If that will not cut it then what trans should i go with and how much is the stocker worth.

And Mike like a couple chimed in I would shoot for a T56. Should be able to handle the power you are laying and you get the bonus of a 6-Speed:)

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Aug 30, 2004
The stock trans can handle about 450hp & no powershifting before it will take a crap. I think your best bet is to go with a T56 trans for three reasons. One, it can handle the power level that you looking to make with the car. Two, if you put a good size gear in it, you will have two overdrive gears to get better gas mileage & a lower cruising rpm. Three, you can get it easier used for a good price than a tko and they are easy to install in your car. I know, because I have one in my '98 Cobra and I love it alot. Especially with having a 4:56 rear gear and driving on the car on the highway.

Thanks,

Chris

Mikey doens't need overdrive gears. He cruises at 4k and goes through clutches like eggs. Sounds mean tho haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info