Trans + High boost

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Reaction score
What are the stock Transmission's limits?

I plan on shooting for between 550-650rwhp w/ a built bottom end.

If that will not cut it then what trans should i go with and how much is the stocker worth.

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
Reaction score
mikey you are going to be dropping an arm and leg into the car so you might as well do it right, either tko 500/600 or t56 is fine. Both have pros and cons which you could research. You said your stock trans is going out so its not worth much probably. Dont forget with your new combo you will need a whole new fuel system as well to support all your new power.

VENOMOUS98

Reaction score
The stock trans can handle about 450hp & no powershifting before it will take a crap. I think your best bet is to go with a T56 trans for three reasons. One, it can handle the power level that you looking to make with the car. Two, if you put a good size gear in it, you will have two overdrive gears to get better gas mileage & a lower cruising rpm. Three, you can get it easier used for a good price than a tko and they are easy to install in your car. I know, because I have one in my '98 Cobra and I love it alot. Especially with having a 4:56 rear gear and driving on the car on the highway.

Thanks,

Chris

batman

Surrounded by 10 points
Reaction score
stock trans should be good...no powershifting or hard launches...

fastfocus

Reaction score
Box 2 said:
stock trans should be good...no powershifting or hard launches...

no point in keeping it then.. if you cant launch hard or powershift, not gonna get the best times out of it...

imbuggin

Reaction score
what exactly do you guys consider to be a "power shift" just so I am clear? Slamming the gear?

Dragon03

Super hated on
Reaction score
what exactly do you guys consider to be a "power shift" just so I am clear? Slamming the gear?
Powershifting is basically when your foot never leaves the gas when your are shifting between gears.:nono:

Dragon03

Super hated on
Reaction score
What are the stock Transmission's limits?

I plan on shooting for between 550-650rwhp w/ a built bottom end.

If that will not cut it then what trans should i go with and how much is the stocker worth.
And Mike like a couple chimed in I would shoot for a T56. Should be able to handle the power you are laying and you get the bonus of a 6-Speed:)

LazyT747

SFI
Reaction score
i thought you wanted to get a t56?

I was waiting for you to get one to see how you liked it before i went out and got one later on

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Reaction score
The stock trans can handle about 450hp & no powershifting before it will take a crap. I think your best bet is to go with a T56 trans for three reasons. One, it can handle the power level that you looking to make with the car. Two, if you put a good size gear in it, you will have two overdrive gears to get better gas mileage & a lower cruising rpm. Three, you can get it easier used for a good price than a tko and they are easy to install in your car. I know, because I have one in my '98 Cobra and I love it alot. Especially with having a 4:56 rear gear and driving on the car on the highway.

Thanks,

Chris
Mikey doens't need overdrive gears. He cruises at 4k and goes through clutches like eggs. Sounds mean tho haha

jay_Z_SVT

Reaction score
send it to promotion and have your T45 built up.
its about half the cost of a T56 and you will be able to handle more power.

I paid about 1600 with shipping and new clutch set up with new cable and quadrant.
J

blubyu

Reaction score
:welcome:

Mike has a T-56 now. Look at his signature.

jay_Z_SVT

Reaction score
:welcome:

Mike has a T-56 now. Look at his signature.
sorry i dont swing on his nuts.
but maybe there are other people out there that are reading this tread in the same boat as him looking for options.

jay_Z_SVT

Reaction score
lol. i didnt notice the dates. i was just going through my subscriptions and saw his response.

OP
VenomInside

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Reaction score
shit, i cannot remember what car i was asking this for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom