trans fluid which one

ron

Reaction score
What is the best trans fluid for t56

Since 1964

Reaction score
GM Syncromesh for smoother shifts.
Ditto :headbang:

Spare yourself the searching, we fought this one out more than once. ( Us Cobra owners anyway ) For some reason the GM Synchromesh makes smoother shifts, it's the best stuff. It's works for me.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
Believe it or not... ATF/ Dexron Fluid, that is it, straight from the builders. You can pick up a gallon at Walmart of Penzoil, which is about what is needed in our t56s :)

Aron

Scared pussy
Reaction score
Believe it or not... ATF/ Dexron Fluid, that is it, straight from the builders. You can pick up a gallon at Walmart of Penzoil, which is about what is needed in our t56s :)
Yep, big sticker on the side of the trans that says use ATF ONLY

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
I agree with JT, D&D who built my trans, told me not to waste my money on high priced oils, stick with what was on sale... and I was like, really???? Ok...

blck10th

Reaction score
yeah thank god it is cheap since i had to change it twice

FirstPlaceOils

FirstPlaceOils.com
Reaction score
I looked it up in my guide...

Manual Transmission,T56 6-SPD Cobra.....AF3[1]
Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid

1. This recommendation is for the T56 6-SPD transmission as
fitted in the Mustang Cobra.

I have a case of this here , its like 8 bucks a qt. ( and I work in Joliet)

about2bite

SVTNProgress
Reaction score
GM Syncromesh is what I run and it is the exact same stuff as the Penzoil just a different label

Since 1964

Reaction score
I agree with JT, D&D who built my trans, told me not to waste my money on high priced oils, stick with what was on sale... and I was like, really???? Ok...
That's because they do not LIVE with T-56's, and for those of us who DO, we like the smoother shifting....it's true, I have experienced this first hand I assure you. Liberty re-built mine and it lasted whopping 3000 miles before beginning to eat itself alive, and so when Jerry at Sutton pulled it apart he showed me what they did wrong, (commoin mistake BTW ) but anyway when Jerry put it together he didn't care what fluid I used, and so I chose the GM Synchromesh and IT SHIFTED BETTER as Sam KINISON would say, now you got that??/ AAAGGGHHHHH AAAAGGGHHHHH

SCREW ROYAL JELLY, PENZOIL, and DEXRON ATF like thst sticker say's as Chevy boy pointed out and buy what you want, as I see that you did, youmasy never know the difference of give a dam.....BUT, the BOTTOM LINE IS, and ALFKNWAYS WILL BEEEEEEEEEEEE GM SYNCHROMESH FTMFW!

Jesus, what does it take to convince people, OH yeah, he should know eh.....I was here, no you weren't Dude, Like yes I was, ya were not....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom