3800 tranny needed!!

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
You can try to contact Ed Morad, but shipping might put the cost up a little he is in Ohio.
http://www.moradpartscompany.com/

A basic rebuild is anywhere from 1100-1300 give or take from Northwest transmission. Close to NW highway and Harlem in the city. They have done at least 5 trannys for people I know and they all work great.
[/b]
i emailed ed morad.

yes rebuilding is kinda out of the questions seeing how its going to be over a grand and her being a college student on her own, she cant afford something like that.

bluegpgtp

Regular
Jan 22, 2008
Bourbonnais, IL
Real Name
Doug
those are ALWAYS ON EBAY. i dunno how or why. call morad, he will take care of you. u can get a low mileage gt trans cheap. gtp ones are usually 150 or so more. he takes care of the grand prix club members, i blew one of his trans's up and he replaced it for free. if you need help with the install let me know, i could always use a couple extra bux. good luck.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
those are ALWAYS ON EBAY. i dunno how or why. call morad, he will take care of you. u can get a low mileage gt trans cheap. gtp ones are usually 150 or so more. he takes care of the grand prix club members, i blew one of his trans's up and he replaced it for free. if you need help with the install let me know, i could always use a couple extra bux. good luck.
[/b]
what would you want to help install it?
is the gt trans the same as the gtp trans? what would be different? any pros/cons of using one?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
what would you want to help install it?
is the gt trans the same as the gtp trans? what would be different? any pros/cons of using one?
[/b][/quote]
Just get a GT trans, they are cheaper and it is not worth the hassle to swap to a gtp trans for no reason. Some of the differences are gears, torque converter, and the diff, therefor you will have to do some computer tuning to get a gtp trans to work properly.

bluegpgtp

Regular
Jan 22, 2008
Bourbonnais, IL
Real Name
Doug
The gtp trans is stronger but if you arent gonna race or mod the car there is no point in switching. I would just get a gt trans itll be fine. uhm.. i dunno how much on the install, if u can get the car to me i can just do it for 300 and ill cover the fluid and filter, etc...it usually takes about 5 or 6 hours for 2 guys that know what their doing. (but i may just be slow)
i could come help you but there are alot of tools u have to have... and u need to support the engine from the top. much easier in a shop... lemme know, if u wanna try it urself i can give u some notes but its a bitch job.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info