• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

tranny needed!!

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
so the one in the '98 is taking sh!t. this is the GFs daily driver. cash in hand! low to no miles prefered.

I

imported_GraFFix

You can try to contact Ed Morad, but shipping might put the cost up a little he is in Ohio.
http://www.moradpartscompany.com/

A basic rebuild is anywhere from 1100-1300 give or take from Northwest transmission. Close to NW highway and Harlem in the city. They have done at least 5 trannys for people I know and they all work great.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
You can try to contact Ed Morad, but shipping might put the cost up a little he is in Ohio.
http://www.moradpartscompany.com/

A basic rebuild is anywhere from 1100-1300 give or take from Northwest transmission. Close to NW highway and Harlem in the city. They have done at least 5 trannys for people I know and they all work great.
[/b]
i emailed ed morad.

yes rebuilding is kinda out of the questions seeing how its going to be over a grand and her being a college student on her own, she cant afford something like that.

bigsammoe

Reaction score
talk to bob sinr see what he can do.. him and V are also great guys!

UR LOSN

Pirate Sloth!
Reaction score
you could pm..Sinr427(bob). he usually gets back with you in a few...

good luck

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
you could pm..Sinr427(bob). he usually gets back with you in a few...

good luck
[/b]
actually it says that there is no member with that name on here!!

UR LOSN

Pirate Sloth!
Reaction score
I am iffy on it. if it sounds to good to be true...it generally is...

bluegpgtp

Reaction score
those are ALWAYS ON EBAY. i dunno how or why. call morad, he will take care of you. u can get a low mileage gt trans cheap. gtp ones are usually 150 or so more. he takes care of the grand prix club members, i blew one of his trans's up and he replaced it for free. if you need help with the install let me know, i could always use a couple extra bux. good luck.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
those are ALWAYS ON EBAY. i dunno how or why. call morad, he will take care of you. u can get a low mileage gt trans cheap. gtp ones are usually 150 or so more. he takes care of the grand prix club members, i blew one of his trans's up and he replaced it for free. if you need help with the install let me know, i could always use a couple extra bux. good luck.
[/b]
what would you want to help install it?
is the gt trans the same as the gtp trans? what would be different? any pros/cons of using one?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
Reaction score
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
what would you want to help install it?
is the gt trans the same as the gtp trans? what would be different? any pros/cons of using one?
[/b][/quote]
Just get a GT trans, they are cheaper and it is not worth the hassle to swap to a gtp trans for no reason. Some of the differences are gears, torque converter, and the diff, therefor you will have to do some computer tuning to get a gtp trans to work properly.

bluegpgtp

Reaction score
The gtp trans is stronger but if you arent gonna race or mod the car there is no point in switching. I would just get a gt trans itll be fine. uhm.. i dunno how much on the install, if u can get the car to me i can just do it for 300 and ill cover the fluid and filter, etc...it usually takes about 5 or 6 hours for 2 guys that know what their doing. (but i may just be slow)
i could come help you but there are alot of tools u have to have... and u need to support the engine from the top. much easier in a shop... lemme know, if u wanna try it urself i can give u some notes but its a bitch job.

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
GT has different axles IIRC so it wont bolt directly up. i could be wrong but i thought i saw someone mention that before.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
GT has different axles IIRC so it wont bolt directly up. i could be wrong but i thought i saw someone mention that before.
[/b]
The passanger side axle is longer due to the smaller dif IIRC.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
everyone is talking about me swaping to a gtp trans... the car IS a 98 gtp. so i should just go ahead and get a gtp trans id assume.

Blownbyyou

Donating Member
Reaction score
everyone is talking about me swaping to a gtp trans... the car IS a 98 gtp. so i should just go ahead and get a gtp trans id assume.
[/b]

You can get a gt trans but it will be easier to get the gtp trans. You can make either one work, but the GTP trans will be easier to put in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom