Track Rental Invite, Round 2 | TCG + Immigrant Racing League | GLD, Friday, 8/6

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I had a blast first time ever running a bike at the track, my goal was to touch a 10 in the 1/4 and after a few attempts I started clicking off some high 10’s, thanks Mook Mook for getting this together and SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me for the pointers on racing a bike, tons of cool cars I actually took pictures this time as well, if anyone happens to get video of any of my runs post it or send it to me please

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Teege24 Teege24 you guys did a great job of getting the races off and leaving plenty of time to get runs in I didn’t follow the thread on here I’m assuming Sprayin Sprayin was helping with that but whoever all of you were great job
Appreciate that man! Sprayin Sprayin was a huge help today and it would have gone a lot less smooth if it wasn't for him.

Greg ran the fast car hat race today and did a great job with his as well! Wish I had more time to watch those cars get down but I was much busier than I was expecting!

Reactions: 1quick

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ok, shower was very refreshing. I've got enough energy left to make a post on here and one on IG.

What a fucking AWESOME day. This rental was far and away the most successful one TCG has been a part of, even surpassing our previous October rental. Easily 70 or so cars, lots of spectators and NO RAIN. The hat races were a huge success and mostly went off without a hitch and all the races were close and fun to watch.

We talked with Randy, GLD's owner, and he was so appreciative of our two groups and what we bring to the table.

I can keep going but I will leave it with this:

HUGE thanks to my partner in crime on this, MagicM4 MagicM4 & Immigrant Racing League. If it wasn't for his invite, none of this would have been possible. Ni, I will work with you ANY time you ask, sir.

Teege24 Teege24, you mother fucking ROCKED the slow car race. Organized, fair and everyone had a great time. Sprayin Sprayin, thanks for helping out as well and keeping things moving.

G Gbucko, great job with the fast car race. There was some "drama" at the end but the faster car took home the crown ( Skunk Skunk :love:). You kept things running flawlessly.

And finally, thank you to EVERYONE that came out and supported this event. The racers, the spectators and everyone that helped out. We WILL be doing this again before the year is over.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I got 27 runs in, probably could have done more, but I wasn’t improving enough to warrant the abuse to my little 600 and its clutch in today’s heat.

I’ll have to dump my slips into excel and see where my best numbers were at.

Also, thanks to 1quick 1quick, Mook Mook, and IceCreamAssassin IceCreamAssassin for helping me load up my bike (if I forgot someone, my most humble apologies). At home getting it unloaded in the dark was fortunately uneventful.

1quick 1quick thanks for being such a good competitor. I’m sure trying to chase you down gave me some better times.

Teege24 Teege24, thank you for letting us two-wheeled clowns squeeze in between your four-wheeled circus ?

Also, many many thanks to Thirdgen89GTA Thirdgen89GTA for being a pit buddy, manning my DSLR for photos, and for helping watch my gear while I was on track.

I’ll go through all the photos and videos tomorrow. I need a few beers and a good shower. Even with all the fluids, a cheeseburger, and a double cheeseburger I managed to shed almost four pounds walking around in my race leathers most of the day.

01FF7764-013A-4911-A7E2-A54A5DEBF757.jpg

Also, the rest room features Pennzoil products. Very thoughtful of them.

A4D38DFF-5658-44FD-82F9-5C0905EEDB7D.jpg

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Your car was sticking hard, those tires were louder than the car when you launched lol
Honestly the noise those tires were making was like pure music to my ears. That's *exactly* the noise you want to hear. That means that shits going to dead hook.
I saw a video of your car and damn it was leaving hard!
I was launching at 7k :rofl: those tires are bad.the.fuck.ass I really don't think I was making enough power for such a tire, but when I came out it was right in that sweet spot. The 1/8 times were niiiiiiiiccccceeee.

The clutch was sketchy. Even at the light revving it up to 7k, I could feel it in the pedal. On one run it even bumped the car enough to unlight the 1st staging bulb. It needs a clutch. Bad.

Still, I took a high 12s car and put it into a hat race with mid-10s cars and I didn't give a single fuck. Certain other people in that race could have learned something from that.

Thread Info