Track Rental Invite, Round 2 | TCG + Immigrant Racing League | GLD, Friday, 8/6

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
My friends, I’m feeling it today, lol

Hands and fingers cramped from working the hand controls, back, hams, headache. And what I think a lot of us have in common, sunburn.

Finally dragged my ass out of bed about an hour ago. That sun and sous vide cooking myself in the leathers wouldn’t let me fall asleep, even with my horse tranquilizers.

But ny day racing is a better day than working!!!!

Gonna craft me some wake-up juice, then get to cleaning up everything from yesterday and putting stuff back into place (tools, spares,etc).

Plus ‘ol faithful, my 600, is getting a good wash and detail, plus fresh oil and cooling system flush. Absolutely amazed the abuse it took the last two events I’ve been to. Almost 50 passes and the only issues was an overheated clutch from being hung on the tree a bit too long at high revs, but it came back to 100% after cooling off. It’s the clutch from the factory in 2007! Can’t believe how well it held up to 6,000-10,000 rpm launches while being feathered out. I tip my hat to Kawasaki.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Currently looking for good feedback. Did the fun runs folks get enough runs overall? Could communication been better? Anything we did that you heard people say they disliked? Not looking to drag the day down but just want to make sure we're constantly improving these events. This might turn into a bigger deal for us next year.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Currently looking for good feedback. Did the fun runs folks get enough runs overall? Could communication been better? Anything we did that you heard people say they disliked? Not looking to drag the day down but just want to make sure we're constantly improving these events. This might turn into a bigger deal for us next year.
I think it goes to say that I definitely got my money's worth with enough runs, no questions or grievances there.

The only thing I would have done slightly differently was at the beginning, when doing the walk around and handing out tech cards, do a quick introduction for people that might not know (face-to-face) the persons leading the show. That way if any questions came up we'd know exactly who to go find. Or, dare I say it, wear a specific shirt to make them identifiable from a distance.

Having said that, it didn't really impact the racing at all. I believe it was Teege24 Teege24 (correct me if I'm wrong) that stayed near the short staging lanes damn near all day so we could verify if the track was open or if the side racing was going on. There was very clear and excellent communication track-side, so I never encountered any issues, and there was no confusion. From the motorcycle side that worked out extremely well since we could use the area on the other side of the fence from the short staging lanes, and it put us within feet of where he was. Everyone I encountered was gracious, considerate, and respectful.

Overall I think it was done extremely well and look forward to doing it again. Had a great time meeting new people and catching up with old.

hugger1975

My cars are slow but my wife is pretty ?‍♂️
Jun 6, 2011
Naperville

Well I was not involved in any of the hat races and stuff. I felt like I had absolutely no issue going up there when I wanted to get a run. While I don't run my car 20 times I never felt 2nd class or had to wait more than a minute to run the entire day

One time I think I accidentally jumped in the middle of yall clearing out the short stage area. But they just let me run by myself and then you went back to it.

I Think it was wrong very well

Reactions: Mook

barkingspud

Regular
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Nov 15, 2006
You're welcome ?
thanks-crying.gif

barkingspud

Regular
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Nov 15, 2006
Thanks for setting this up Mike! So, I'm sorry I didn't do the HAT racing thing. Next time. I got my 6 runs in and my GF and her sister had fun too.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Well I'm a little pissed. Don't know what they were doing in the timing booth, but for a bunch of runs the 1/8th mile MPH is fucked. Don't know how I could be going 43.18mph at the 1/8 and 127.85mph at the 1/4. When I was running against someone else their 1/8th mph shows accurately. The time is good, just the speed is fucked. Went bad sometime between 12:09pm and 1:29pm.

Anyone else have 1/8th speeds that are way too low?

Edit: Looks like it was the left lane that was dorked up. When I was in the right lane against 1quick 1quick my 1/8th speed is correct and his left lane speed is wrong.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Well I'm a little pissed. Don't know what they were doing in the timing booth, but for a bunch of runs the 1/8th mile MPH is fucked. Don't know how I could be going 43.18mph at the 1/8 and 127.85mph at the 1/4. When I was running against someone else their 1/8th mph shows accurately. The time is good, just the speed is fucked. Went bad sometime between 12:09pm and 1:29pm.

Anyone else have 1/8th speeds that are way too low?

Edit: Looks like it was the left lane that was dorked up. When I was in the right lane against 1quick 1quick my 1/8th speed is correct and his left lane speed is wrong.
At one point they mentioned having a sensor issue but didn't elaborate, you might have figured it out!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
At one point they mentioned having a sensor issue but didn't elaborate, you might have figured it out!
I should have noticed when I was getting my slips, but was focusing on my R/T and 1/4 data. If there was an issue it would have been nice to tell us (again?) when getting the slips.

Reactions: Teege24

Thread Info